If you are in Armenia as a tourist, student or a business person, it can happen that you might not want to leave the country as originally anticipated; to beat that, you will have to apply for
The application will of course have to be filled in person at the local embassy, but you can always take the services of tourist visa online and understand the entire process.
Armenia can offer many opportunities for both business and pleasure. To avail of those, you will certainly have to get an Armenian visa extension, approved. The great country of Armenia was originally a part of the Soviet Union. It has now become a place to revisit the ghosts of history that were a part of the world wars and the Cold Wars.
The country has a lot for tourists and visitors to explore, in the form of the remnants of the Christian, Garni Civilizations etc. It has a great ancient public library that consists of precious scriptures and books right in Republic square.
You can enjoy the quiet and peace provided by the monasteries as well as the adjacent spas and resorts meant for healing purposes. Check out the historic houses, museums, churches and soak in the rich cultural heritage.
There is so much to explore that sometimes, a 21-day visa or even a 90-day visa may not be enough, which is why extensions are a useful tool. You can continue to read the article below to find out more on how to extend visa in Armenia.
READ ALSO: ARMENIA VISA POLICY
In light of the Covid 19 pandemic that has gripped the entire world; many countries have restricted travel to an extent. Following in line, Armenia has also put certain rules and restrictions in place for the safety of everyone.
Here is a list of precautions that you will have to follow, in order to remain safe and get that Armenia visa extension:
- Visitors who have already been vaccinated, don’t need to provide a negative RT-PCR report and do not need to self-isolate.
- They will however, be screened for the temperature at the airport on arrival.
- Unvaccinated travellers need to show a negative Covid report.
- They also need to quarantine themselves for the next 14 days after arrival.
You will need to prepare a few things to apply and we have listed them below. You can consult with your travel agency about these documents that you will attach in person along with the visa extension for Armenia application:
- Passport which should be valid for the next six months.
- Proof of identity, ID belonging to the country that you hold the original citizenship of.
- Passport-sized pictures
- Invitation letter from the company that you are working for/with while in Armenia (only in case of a business visa)
- A certificate of Accreditation from whichever organisation that you are a member of (in case of a journalist visa)
READ ALSO: ARMENIA VISA DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
It should be kept in mind that there are over 11 kinds of visas that you can avail. All of them have different document requirements that need a thorough consultation with a good travel agency such as tourist visa online.
Follow these steps to get an Armenia visa extension:
- If you have a visitor’s visa, regular or online, then it can be extended for a maximum of 60 days.
- Begin by visiting the passport and visa department of the Armenian police office.
- They will provide you with an application form.
- Fill the form, attach the physical copies of the required documents (original or copies as stated)
- Submit the visa extension Armenia fee.
- Give the form back and wait for the confirmation for extension, which should take at least 30 days.