In this article, we will tell you everything about getting an Austrian visa for US citizens. If you are a resident of the United States of America who is planning on visiting this European nation, then this article can help you greatly.
We have also listed the visa requirements, application process, and rules while travelling during Covid. We will also talk about some agencies like tourist visa online – that you can trust with the application.
If you can just visit one country in the whole of Europe, you can go to Austria. This country represents and symbolizes the culture and heart of the entire continent.
It is known for its musical sensibilities and creations, its exquisite local cuisine, glittering castles and palaces to transcend the visitors through time and so much more.
Continue reading the article below to find out more on - do US citizens need visas for Austria?
READ ALSO: Austria visa policy
Before going ahead with the application, it is important to find out whether the applicant requires a visa or not.
The United States passport is unarguably the most powerful in the world. This is why its citizens generally do not need visas for most countries.
This is the same case with an Austrian visa for US national. You can travel anywhere in the country as a tourist for 90 days without applying for any kind of a visa. You can make sure of it by visiting the tourist visa online visa page. Enter the destination country and the country of citizenship and click enter, to find out the visa requirements.
There are no Austria visa requirements for US citizens, however, there are covid rules which must be followed by everyone regardless of their nationality.
- The traveller should be completely vaccinated, single or double dose depending on their vaccine.
- The vaccine should be on the WHO’s approval list.
- A mandatory screening for the temperature at the airport.
- The traveller will also have to present a negative RT-PCR report.
- If you follow the above-mentioned regulations, then you will not have to undergo the two-week quarantine.
READ ALSO: Austria travel isnurance
There are two major ways to go about the Austria visa application for US citizen:
- Locate and contact the local Austrian Consulate. You can visit them after making an appointment and consolidating all your documents required for the application.
- Secondly, get in touch with an agency like tourist visa online. You can apply through their online website by filling the form, attaching the papers and photographs digitally, after scanning and lastly pay the fee.
It is important to point out that these applications are only required in case the purpose of your visit is something other than tourism.
After applying it can take anywhere between 15 to 60 days for it to get processed. This is why it is advisable to begin your Austrian visa for US national application at least three months prior to the day of trip.
READ ALSO: Austria visa application form
Before presenting the paper works to the consulate for submission, make sure to run them by a travel agent and get their expert opinion:
Here is a list of special documents the applicant will need. These Austria visa requirements for US citizens are meant for certain kind of applications, like:
- Business – Letter of Invitation from the organisation/ Company Incorporation papers/ Tax statements
- Medical Emergency – Medical report describing the Emergency/ Receipt of Medical fees paid/ Signed Doctor’s certificate
- Student – Letter of Acceptance/ No Objection Certificate
- Special Events – Proof of Event/ Details of the complete organisation
- Visiting – A letter proving Invitation from the resident