Planning a trip to Europe is always exciting because visitors can explore so many different places with just one process of admission. In this article, we are going to talk about one such Austria visa Schengen for undertaking a visit to the country of Eastern Alps.
If someone is interested in visiting this country along with the other Schengen members then they can begin by availing the services provided by agencies like tourist visa online. They provide far more personalised services suited to an individual’s need than any consulate.
One of the major attractions of the country is the presence of the beautiful mountains which gives a very rural yet calming feel to the country. It is a great place for visitors to disassociate and get away from the city’s hustle.
There is great architecture to be found in its buildings, castles, palaces etc. Another big tourist attraction is the abundance of good food, it offers a wide selection of local bread dishes.
Continue reading the article further below to find out more about the Austria Schengen visa requirements.
READ ALSO: Austria visa policy
About - Law followed
Formed years ago in 1985, an important part of the European Union law governs all these countries. It was named after the small Luxembourg town, where it was signed.
The agreement contained a clause that does not allow for opting out, however after almost 36 years two countries have left.
If you meet all the Austria Schengen visa requirements, here’s how you can apply:
- Contact a travel agency or contact an embassy to find out the embassy that will accept your visa application.
- There are many different kinds of visas available depending on the purpose of one’s visit, you will have to choose which one suit your best interests and write that in your application form.
- Contact the embassy and schedule an appointment with the official in charge.
- Prepare all the documents before your visit.
- On reaching the consulate, you can submit the form, documents as well as visa fee. After that, you will have to wait until you can score the final interview.
- Prepare well for the interview, which will probably take 6-7 weeks to get scheduled.
- Once you ace the interview, you will receive the visa after your Austria Schengen visa application gets processed.
READ ALSO: Austria visa application form
Here is a list of documents that you will be required to attach with the application.
It is advisable to present these documents to your travel agent beforehand and get his approval. Often times, the reason for visa rejections lie in incomplete or wrong paperwork submission.
- A passport proving your nationality. (Should be valid for the next three months and should not be older than 10 months.)
- The application form for the Austrian Schengen visa application.
- Two copies of passport-sized pictures.
- Any old visas if you have visited the country before.
- Copies of your return flight.
- Proof of travel insurance or medical insurance you might have undertaken for the trip.
- Details of travel stay bookings as well as bookings for tours
- Lastly, you will also be required to write up a cover letter.
It should be noted that these above-mentioned documents are for a regular tourist visa.