Do you find yourself in a situation where you need to stay longer in Azerbaijan than expected?
Or perhaps you want to enjoy the thrills of Azerbaijan a little longer than you planned to.
Whatever the reason may be, your solution to the problem is an Azerbaijan visa extension.
What is a visa extension?
Visa extension helps you in extending your visa validity and staying period legally. With correct documents and purpose, one can easily get their visa extended.
Can I extend my Azerbaijan visa?
Yes, you can extend your Azerbaijan visa, which was issued with a 30-day stay limit. To extend your visa, submit information and documents to the State Migration Service office For extension, you need to
Don't forget to renew your visa before it expires.
READ ALSO: Types of Azerbaijan visa
How long does my visa allow me to stay here?
Your Azerbaijan visa is valid for a stay of a maximum of 30 days.
The extension period is 3 months.
What documents do you require for visa extension?
- Visa Application form
- Colored passport photographs
- The certified document which proves the need for temporary permission of extension of stay
- Bank Statements
- Written consent for children under 14-16 years of age.
- Receipt of the paid fee
- Copy of identity card of the applicant
How to apply for an Azerbaijan visa?
To apply for an Azerbaijan visa, first, obtain a visa application and complete it with accurate information such as your name, nationality, and address.
Following the submission of the supporting documents, you will be required to pay the e-visa charge.
All you have to do now is wait for your e-visa to arrive in your mailbox after you receive your payment confirmation.
You can then print it and take it to an Azerbaijani entry point to have it stamped.
This blog will offer you everything you need to know about the Azerbaijan visa, including its extension, eligibility, and application process.
READ ALSO: Azerbaijan E Visa Fees
Am I eligible for an e-visa?
If you belong to the following nationalities, you can easily apply for an e-visa:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Republic of Cyprus
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
Can I extend my E-visa?
You can easily apply for an e-visa via the internet however for the extension of your visa you need to visit the Migrant office and submit documents needed by the authorities.
READ ALSO: Azerbaijan visa policy
Azerbaijan travel Laws to follow
- For Covid 19 situation, Travel and tourism is restricted.
- If you fail to abide by the laws of the Azerbaijan government then you can be penalised or imprisoned
- Your national passport won't protect you from the police.
- Homosexuality is illegal in Azerbaijan.
- You cannot wear short clothes
- National law protects the rights of disabled persons.
- Check that your travel health insurance is up to date.
- Don't drink tap water, carry mineral water with you all the time.
Here are a few things about health Tourists should keep in mind while travelling to Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan does have medical facilities but its expertise won't match to US/UK level.
The government will not pay your medical bills in Azerbaijan, so be sure you have active and legitimate Travel Medical Insurance to cover your medical expenses.
Here are three vaccinations recommended to Azerbaijan tourists:
- HIV Vaccination
- Tuberculosis Vaccination
- Hepatitis vaccination
Make sure you have obtained the complete bill regarding your medical expenses.
READ ALSO: Documents required for Azerbaijan visa
Safety And Security
Azerbaijan is a safe place to travel, but here are a few things for tourists to keep in mind.
- Traffic is crazy and even dangerous in Azerbaijan
- The driving could be reckless
- If you are taking a taxi, then only take the marked ones
- Public transportation is crowded and not maintained well.
- Don't trust strangers when they ask to be your tour guides or helper without checking their cards in.
- There are a lot of credit and debit card fraud issues happening in Azerbaijan, make sure you use your cards very vigilantly.