More and more people in the world have started to plan early retirements for their careers. The Cambodia Retirement Laws are very accommodating for such interested travellers. After working for a major part of your life, people generally look for a calm coastal area to settle down and put their feet down.
If you are someone who is interested in settling in Cambodia for a long period of time then you can connect to travel agencies like tourist visa online.
The Asian country of Cambodia is home to a gorgeous coastline, which is the perfect attraction for vacationers. It spans over a long area of low lying plains, mountains and the Gulf of Thailand.
It boasts of a great collection of art and history over the years, some of which you can find in traditional markets. You can visit the Royal Palace, the National Museum and several other ancient exhibits in just the capital city.
The peaceful countryside away from the hustle and bustle of the main city is has old and enigmatic temples that offer peace and quiet. It presents the perfect blend of nature and city life for a retired person.
READ ALSO: Apply Cambodia E visa online
Furthermore, it is relatively easy to get a retirement visa here.
Read on below to find out the retirement laws and all about the Cambodia Retirement visa requirements.
Retirement in Cambodia
Before you can apply for a Cambodia retirement visa, it is important to find out if all about the rules and regulations.
- The applicant must not be employed in any shape or form.
- They must be 55 years of age or older than that, be able to avail the retirement facilities.
- The traveller should be able to financially support himself/herself during their stay in the country.
- Lastly, under the Cambodia Retirement Law, the applicant should have social security documentation to prove that they are retired.
- Foreigners who retire in the country will also have to get themselves registered under the Foreigners Present in Cambodia System.
READ ALSO: Cambodia visa application form
A traveller can apply for a Retirement visa in Cambodia if they have an assortment of the following documents. Any errors of falsification in the papers can lead to an immediate rejection of the visa.
Therefore, it is recommended to get a travel agency to check all your documents before sending them for application.
- Passport of the country of original citizenship, valid for a period of six months.
- Three Passport-sized pictures (taken against a white background with a neutral face expression and)
- Bank statement to prove that you have sufficient funds to sustain yourself.
- The accommodation and reservation details, along with details of your confirmed flight ticket.
READ ALSO: Cambodia visa requirements
If you are entering Cambodia with the plan of retirement, then you will have to apply for the Regular E-class visa.
Formerly, the visitor will have to use the traditional visa to enter the country. After which they can apply for a retirement extension, either through a travel agency or a local consulate.
- Once you have received the regular visitor’s visa, visit the local embassy after landing in Cambodia where you can begin the process of extension.
- It can cost up to $290 to get an extension for the Retirement visa in Cambodia.
- According to a newly passed law in the country, you will have to get yourself registered under the FPCS. The law aims to keep a record of all retirees in the country and make their stay comfortable.
- Lastly, once you have retired and settled in your new home, follow all the issued guidelines and rules. Rule-breaking can land you up in jail or even straight deportation from the country.