The immigration policies and government of Cambodia permit foreign employees, workers, artists, or professionals to reside in the country for work. But they must have a Cambodia work permit with them. Cambodia work visa grants permission and allows foreigners to work legally as an employee, do business work, etc. in Cambodia. Cambodia work permit is issued by MLVT. MLVT is the ministry of labor and vocational training in Cambodia.
Cambodia Work Permit
Workers and businessmen from other countries who are earning should have a legally valid work permit. Social workers and foreigners staying in-country who are working in the country for NGO or domestic services are not required to apply for Cambodia work permits.
Cambodia work permit validity: the validity of the work permit in Cambodia is 1 year. It is important to re-apply for a work permit from the ministry of labor and vocational training from 1 January to 30 March. Work permit cards after 31st December and it is important to re-apply for a Cambodia work permit.
There are two types of Cambodia work permit:
1) Temporary work permit: It is for visitors working in the country for a short period. It is issued to a technical specialist, professionals, workers, laborers, service workers, etc.
2) Permanent work permit: It is for foreigners who are investors, spouses, etc
READ ALSO: Cambodia visa policy
Application form and procedure to apply for Cambodia work permit:
It is important to obtain your E class visa or Cambodia work visa before applying for a Cambodia work permit.
- The application form for a Cambodia work permit will be provided by the company that is providing you employment or from the relevant organization.
- The company or the organization has to ask for a work permit.
- Applicants are also asked to submit all the employee and employer information and necessary documents.
- This processing time varies, but mostly it is 20 days.
- The work permit has to be registered under the ministry of labor and vocational training in Cambodia.
E- class visa
Foreigners who want to work and stay in the country must apply for E- class visa. E - class visa allows the visitor to stay in the country for one month (30 days). The E- class visa can be extended, if the foreigner wants to stay longer.
The E visa can be extended by submitting the application form to the immigration administration. They can apply for an extension of one or three months which is a single entry visa. They can also apply for a 6 and 12 months extension which is a multiple entry visa. It is depended on the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Interior for your visa extension.
There are 6 types of extension for E class visa:
1) EB visa - staying in the country for more than 30 days for business startups, freelancers and businessmen.
2) EP visa- Foreigners looking for jobs and business.
3) ER visa - for retirement
4) ES visa - students
5) ET visa- trades or industries
6) EG - looking for employment
READ ALSO: Cambodia Visa Types
Application form and procedure to apply for Cambodia work visa:
- To obtain your work visa which is E class visa, you have to fill the visa application form.
- Submit your E visa or work visa application form at the Cambodia embassy or they can also apply at Phnom Penh Airport.
- Submit the visa fee
- Receive your visa
- Applicant also have to apply for Cambodia work permit
Cambodia Work Visa and Work permit Requirements:
- Application form
- Incorporation certificate
- Photo- *Without hat or glasses
- Health certificate from Cambodia
- Work contract provided by the company
- Insurance policy
- Employer information
- Employee information -
- Personal Information like passport and other details
- Copy of ID
- Copy of passport
- e Visa copy
- Academic details
- Employee role in the company
- Employee present address
- Company information - information like:
- Businesses address
- Tax patent with the proper Stamp of the company
- Articles of incorporation of the company
- Foreign and local employees list
READ ALSO: How to track Cambodia visa status
Cambodia Work visa and Cambodia work permit are the important documents required by foreign workers to work legally in Cambodia. Applicant can apply for their Cambodia Visa on Tourist Visa Online.