If you are planning on taking up a job or start a business in Cambodia, then you should begin by reading this article on Cambodia work visas and permits.
Apart from the information imparted by the travel agencies, we have answered some of the most burning questions regarding getting this work permit in the FAQs below.
The South Asian country of Cambodia is a hub of visitors, bustling with tourism at all times of the year. Naturally, it leads to several people settling down there for work purposes every year due to the plentiful opportunities.
Interested visitors can work at an NGO or even get a job in the public or private sector organisations with the right qualifications. If you have already found a position at a company based in Cambodia, you will need to find a way to get the Cambodia work permit before starting.
Although if you have an offer letter, the process will become simpler and your chance of visa approval will be higher.
Furthermore, working in this country of great tourist importance also provides you with the opportunity to have fun weekends. You can witness great ancient architecture, culture and art during your stay.
Read on more about how to apply for work permit in Cambodia below.
READ ALSO: CAMBODIA VISA APPLICATION FORM
Before you can apply for Cambodia work visa and permit, it would be a good idea to find out all your options.
The government has created several kinds of visas for the visitors to choose the one, which fits their requirements perfectly. You can discuss all the possibilities with your travel agent or the embassy and figure it out. We have compiled a list of them below for your convenience:
- EB Visa – The most common option, usually provided to most people working or setting up a business in the country.
- EP Visa – If you have not yet been offered a position and want to stay in the country to look for a job, then you can apply for it.
- EG Visa – This general visa allows you to stay in Cambodia for one, three or even three months.
- ER Visa – This visa is particularly for those who wish to retire in the beautiful beaches of Cambodia.
- ES Visa – You can get this visa if you are a student who has been accepted in a university in the country or are planning on volunteering or becoming a research student.
- ET Visa – The visitors who have some certified technical skills which they can put to use in the country can apply for this particular visa.
READ ALSO: HOW TO APPLY CAMBODIA VISA ONLINE
Applicants need to fulfil certain conditions to be eligible for application for Cambodian work visas and permit. Below is a list of the requirements for a permit application:
- Copy of your Cambodian E-visa.
- Health Certificate
- Personal information such as name, gender, DOB,
- Copies of Identity from your original country and passport.
- Passport-sized photograph.
- Educational details
- Other information like names of parents, address, and their role at the host country they plan on working in.
Apart from the information about yourself, you also need to submit some details about the company you will be working at for the Cambodian work permit, they will act as your guarantor during your stay in the country:
- Their certificate of incorporation
- Their articles of incorporation
- The registered address of the business
- List of all local and foreign employees
- Tax papers
READ ALSO: HOW TO TRACK CAMBODIA VISA STATUS
It might seem on paper that getting a work permit in this country can be a bit intimidating and a gruelling process; however, it is not the case if you have the right people guiding you through it.
The experts working at tourist visa online can also help you with the application process.
- You can apply by submitting the above mentioned details at a local consulate or embassy.
- You will have to apply for the work permit after getting the Cambodian work visa, in that order. You can get either a temporary or permanent one.