Is the Covid 19 pandemic making you wonder if it is safe to fly to Cambodia? In this article, we are going to tell you all about the travel guidelines placed on air travel currently. After which you can decide if getting a Cambodia visa and hopping on that flight is the right option or not.
Additionally, travel agencies like tourist visa online have also become quite the expert with keeping up with the ever-changing covid rules. You can contact them for their insight.
Other than that, if you actually do plan on visiting Cambodia for a short vacation then this is the best weather to do that.
Cambodia is a chic south-eastern coastal country. Well known for its beach locales and river piers. You can shop for handloom, art and jewellery from ancient markets in the heart of its capital as well as enjoy the local cuisine, nightlife and backpacking trips to its hidden waterfalls.
Furthermore, the country having a big tourist economy is relatively safe for tourists from all over the world.
READ ALSO: Reasons to visit Cambodia
Find out more about the situation of air travel to Cambodia by reading the article below.
Covid 19 Rules
The world is gripped by waves upon waves of the coronavirus, which is why travel is restricted in many countries.
Therefore, the question of is it safe to fly to Cambodia is common for the average traveller. Although it is not completely advisable to travel, many nations heavily dependent on tourism have been trying to keep the visitors coming all the while following the Covid rules.
- The governments have advised not to undertake any non-essential travel abroad for the time being.
- Masks, Face shields and sanitisers are a must-have.
- Maintain at least a six feet distance between people while standing in lines.
- Get tested before the trip, you will need to carry the reports and present them.
READ ALSO: Cambodia visa requirements
Cambodia Travel measures and advice
All visitors must follow a list of measures and advice issued by the Government of Cambodia. After your flight to Cambodia lands and you are at the international airport, follow the rules provided below:
- Present a negative RT-PCR report to the airport authorities; make sure that the report is not older than 72 hours before the journey.
- All visitors have to undergo a mandatory quarantine for 14 days after a screening at the airport, regardless of the report.
- You will have to deposit $2000 at the time of arrival. You will be housed and kept in a special facility built by the government for the quarantine of visitors.
- You will have to take the test one more time on the thirteenth day of isolation.
- Once you have completed all the steps above, you are free to move about in the country until your Cambodian visa permits you to.
READ ALSO: Cambodia visa policy
Getting a Cambodia e-visa prior to your trip is also a good option. The e-visa service was primarily designed as a means to provide a smooth journey for the visitors. However, it has become a boon in times of covid.
Passengers no longer have to stand in long immigration or visa on arrival lines. It helps in facilitating social distancing much better on the airports.
To apply for your own Cambodia e-visa, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the online application website of tourist visa online and check if your country needs a visa for Cambodia.
- If you do need one, then go to the immigration website and fill in the application form.
- Submit the form along with the digitised documents and the visa fees.
- You will get the Cambodia visa mailed to you in 3-4 business days.
- Print it out and take it to the airport with you.
READ ALSO: How to apply Cambodia visa online
Alternative travel options
If you are not sure about taking flights to Cambodia, then you can talk to a travel agency about other options. Being a coastal nation, visitors can use the sea route by cruises on ships.
However, land travel is still not open for outsiders. The Cambodia-Laos, Cambodia –Thailand as well as the Cambodia-Vietnam borders are shut.