Cape Verde is a beautiful nation of nature, culture and heritage. It makes tourists feel welcomed and amazed at its gates.
So if you too are a visitor of Cape Verde and now plan to stay longer than your visa allows, then it seems understandable.
However, what you must not forget is that you cannot overstay your visa and would require to extend it in order to extend your stay in Cape Verde.
This blog outlines every detail you should be aware of of the Cape Verde Visa Extension.
DO I NEED A VISA FOR CAPE VERDE?
Yes, you would require a visa approved by the Cape Verde government in order to enter Cape Verde. This visa legalizes your stay and also helps government identify its visitors and confirm their departure.
The Government of Cape Verde has introduced an e-visa/ EASE which is an electronic visa linked with an applicant’s passport. This also allows tourists to get visas just by sitting at home with few clicks.
READ ALSO: CAPE VERDE VISA TYPES
CAN I EXTEND MY VISA?
Cape Verde visa is valid for 30-90 days however if you wish to stay longer then you can do so by applying for a Cape Verde visa extension.
You can apply for your visa extension by visiting the Immigrant office or at a police station.
Remember to extend your visa before it expires.
In order to extend your visa, you would require a valid passport, passport size pictures, your visa, proof of stay and bank statements.
CAPE VERDE VISA REQUIREMENTS
In order to apply for Cape Verde e-visa, one needs to check the following visa requirements:
- Passport with a six-month minimum validity
- Coloured passport photos
- Confirmed flight tickets
- Proof of stay
- Copy of Hotel reservations or Invitation letters by friends or family in case applicant stays with them
- Bank statement
- Valid email address where e-visa would be sent
- Credit or Debit card for visa fee payment.
READ ALSO: CAPE VERDE CRUISE VISA
HOW TO APPLY FOR CAPE VERDE E-VISA?
In order to get a Cape Verde e-visa/ EASE, one needs to follow the given procedure successfully:
- First off you would require to get a Cape Verde e-visa application online.
- The next thing for you is to do is read the instructions given very carefully and fill out the application form.
- Then attach the required documents the application asks for.
- Once you are done with filling the application, make sure to review it once for any mistakes.
- Then click on ‘Submit’.
- As you click submit, you will be directed to the payment page.
- Pay using your valid credit or Debit card.
- You will receive a payment confirmation notification and then you can easily track your visa.
- You will receive your e-visa visa mail-in 3days.
VISA POLICY OF CAPE VERDE
Cape Verde visa policy states rules that the visa applicants should be aware of.
- The visa varies from traveller to traveller based on their nationality & purposes of stay.
- The Cape Verde government
- Travellers need to pre-register online for Electronic Travel Authentisization, EASE.
- The registration takes few minutes at max. The holders of EASE authorization are allowed to stay for a period of 30-90 days. If they wish to stay longer, they can do so by applying for a Cape Verde visa extension.
- There are around 220 countries that are eligible for electronic visas.
- Around 45 countries require to apply for Cape Verde visas through the embassy.
READ ALSO: CAPE VERDE BUSINESS VISA
FOREIGN NATIONALS WHO NEED TO VISIT THE EMBASSY FOR A VISA?
Around 45 countries are not on the list of electronic visas for Cape Verde. According to the Cape Verde visa policy, the nationals of these countries would require to visit the embassy in order to get their visa.
They need to get an appointment with the nearest Diplomatic government office before they visit.
They would download the application and fill it out correctly. The applicants also need to carry copies of all the documents mentioned in the application to the office.
This visa processing might take several weeks, so it’s better for applicants to plan their schedules accordingly.
The following are the list of countries who need embassy visa for Cape Verde:
- Aland Islands
- American Samoa
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- The British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Christmas Island
- Cocos Islands
- Cook Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Faroe Islands
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- Isle of Man
- New Caledonia
- Norfolk Island
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Pitcairn Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Barthelemy
- Saint Helena
- Saint Martin
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Sint Maarten
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United States Virgin Islands
- Wallis and Futuna
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Tourist visa online helps you to book your visa to Cape Verde in a painless manner. We understand that planning a trip could be hectic, so we are here to help. You can easily book your visa by just providing us with the documents and required fee. We will take care of the process for you and you will receive your e-visa via your email id.
Even if you face any doubts meanwhile, our 24x7 team will always be present to help you out.
If you still wish to learn more about the Cape Verde visa extension and its requirements you can easily just get in touch with us. We are a few clicks away.