To facilitate tourist travel, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) has established an online electronic visa application system (E Visa). Although most countries/regions require visas, anyone needing a visa can use any digital device to track their Ivory Coast visa online in minutes.
Tourist Visa Online
The Ivory Coast e-Visa is a West African e-Visa obtained through an online application. The online visa application is aimed at removing the need for eligible individuals to wait in long lines at the border for an Ivory Coast visa or to apply for a visa at an Ivory Coast consulate or embassy after they arrive in the country. Applicants with a "pre-registration" document who arrive at a "Visa Airport" airport must complete the biometric registration. The visa will then be printed and delivered right away. The electronic visa registration box is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Each visa applicant must submit fingerprints and a photograph, even if the applicant has obtained multiple visas. A biometric visa requires the applicant to be present. Anyone under 12 must submit their fingerprints, but your presence is required.
READ ALSO: Cote Divoire Visa Application
Ivory Coast Visa for Canadian
For the betterment of the people traveling to Ivory Coast, the Ivory Coast embassy considers several factors when granting Ivory Coast visas to Canadians and citizens of other countries. One of the most important factors is the safety and security of the tourists.
Safety and security for citizens in Ivory coast
Terrorism: Terrorist groups and those inspired by such organizations are intent on attacking U.S. citizens abroad. Terrorists are increasingly using less sophisticated methods of attack including knives, firearms, and vehicles – to more effectively target crowds. Frequently, their aim is focused on unprotected or vulnerable targets, such as:
- High-profile public events (sporting contests, political rallies, demonstrations, holiday events, celebratory gatherings, etc.).
- Hotels, clubs, and restaurants frequented by tourists.
- Places of worship.
- Shopping malls and markets.
- Public transportation systems (including subways, buses, trains, and scheduled commercial flights).
The extremist organizations in the region, including those from Burkina Faso and Mali, continue to threaten Côte d'Ivoire, and their terrorist operations have intensified. It is illegal for Islamists to operate a base of operations within Côte d'Ivoire, but they attacked a military border station in the town of Kafolo in June 2020.
In Côte d'Ivoire(Ivory Coast), crime is a serious public safety concern. Residents, particularly affluent foreigners, are the targets of armed vehicle robbery, business robbery, and burglary.
When visiting the districts of Abidjan, Abobo, Adjame, Angre, Koumassi, Marcory, and Yopougon, as well as famous nightlife zones, US citizens should take caution.
Carry your identification documents with you at all times to reduce your chances of being harassed at police checkpoints.
The Côte d'Ivoire(Ivory Coast) security sector has undergone reforms, and the country's national police and gendarmerie are undergoing transition. Without sufficient training, the military frequently carries out typical law enforcement tasks.
Armed criminals and rebels could still use weapons from the civil war to cause ongoing harm to security. Political actors and their followers with these weapons pose a persistent threat to Côte d'Ivoire's(Ivory Coast) fragile democratic system.
It is possible to experience manifestations because of political or economic issues, holidays, or during major political events around the world.
- Even peaceful demonstrations can devolve into confrontations and violence.
- Avoid places where there are protests or demonstrations.
- For traffic tips and updates, visit the local media.
Online financial fraud are becoming more common in Côte d'Ivoire(Ivory Coast). unsolicited emails and letters, as well as online posts/profiles, are common ways for fraud to begin. Lies are often posed as US citizens, and no one else is permitted to seek help. Some of the common scams include the following:
- Money transfers
- Free trip/luggage
- Lucrative sales
- Gold purchase
- Contracts with promises of large commissions
- Grandparent/relative targeting
- Inheritance notices
- Work permits/job offers
- Bank overpayments
How Canadian can get Ivory Coast Visa
- The visa application procedure can be completed online in two steps: first you must pay the visa fee, and then you must complete the application form.
- You should print your confirmation email once you've received it.
- You will be required to provide this document when you arrive at Abidjan airport, and your biometric visa will be delivered there.
READ ALSO: How to apply Cote Divoire Visa Online
To apply Ivory Coast Visa following documents are required:
- Visa Application Form: Complete Ivory Coast Online Application Form
- Passport Copy: Clear Scanned Copy of Canadian Passport with signature on the information page. Provide your current passport page, showing your photo, personal details, and the passport issue and expiration date. It must be valid within six months from the expiration date of the visa.
- Accommodation reservations: Hotel reservations in Ivory Coast during your visit. The embassy advises against buying airline tickets until the visa is approved. Don't risk money, time and energy to buy real tickets. For visa purposes, get hotel reservations in any city in the world within minutes.
- Travel booking: round-trip flight bookings to Ivory Coast. Onward Ticket is a flight booked by a real travel agency and can be used for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. For visa purposes, obtain verifiable one-way, round-trip and multi-city flight bookings.
- Fee payment: visa fee payment certificate. Original receipt for payment of Cote Divoire visa fee.
- Health Documents Ivory Coast Health Requirements Certificate: Copy of International Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate