Known for its historic beauty, Egypt is a nation that can blow your mind. This country is worth the space on your bucket list.
Travellers who plan to take a trip to Egypt require a visa unless they belong to countries that don't need a visa to Egypt.
The visa will help the travellers to travel freely within Egypt.
Hence to enter Egypt one need to follow the policies and agreements of Egypt visa.
Here in this blog, you will get to know about Egypt visa, its requirements, restrictions and eligibility.
Types of visa
Egypt Tourist visa: There are primarily two types of tourist visas. One is a single entry tourist visa, which allows for a 30-day stay, and the other is a multiple-entry tourist visa, it allows more than one entry through national borders in a six-month period and lets foreign travellers stay for a maximum of 30 days.
Business Visa: You can avail of this visa when you travel to Egypt for work/ business purposes. The maximum period of stay for this visa is 30 days.
We at Tourist visa online provide you with the service of e visa, which allows you to easily apply for your required Egypt visa by simply contacting us and receiving it via email.
READ ALSO: Application for Egypt visa
Egypt visa policy
- There are 10 visa-exempt countries whose citizens can stay for a short period of time in Egypt without a visa.
- All other visitors are required to have an Egyptian visa.
- Egypt e visa can be obtained by filling online application and submitting the required document.
- Egypt e visa permits a stay of a maximum of 30 days.
- Citizens of 60 countries are allowed to apply for visas on arrival which they can issue in Egypt
Egypt visa requirements
- A passport that is valid for a minimum of six months.
- Coloured straight facing passport photographs.
- Invitation letter(if any)
- Proof of stay.
- Confirmed flight tickets.
- Buisness cover letter.
- Bank statement.
- Negative PCR report.
Can you extend your Egypt e-visa?
Yes you can renew or extend your Egypt visa but you can't do it online, you are required to visit the authorities in charge to do so before your valid period expires.
Why do countries have visa restrictions?
Countries impose visa requirements to monitor and regulate the movement of visitors in and out of the country, as well as to prevent illegal immigration and other crimes. Forcing visitors to apply for visas allows authorities to screen potential visitors.
READ ALSO: Guide to Egypt visa
Egypt visa restrictions
Egypt has resumed international flights, however, some restrictions for Covid 19 are still intact
- Visitors entering Egypt must carry printed certificates of negative PCR test.
- Travellers from the following countries will require to do a PCR test in Egypt:
Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Argentina, Bangladesh, Belize, Bhutan, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Honduras, India, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, Uruguay, Venezuela, or Vietnam.
- Passengers are also required to submit a complete health card in Egypt. This is a mandatory medical form filled by the passengers before their arrival in Egypt.
- Passengers must provide flight details as well as contact information. If someone they travelled with later tests positive for COVID-19, the authorities will notify them, and they will be required to self-isolate.
- Passengers should also have proof of valid health insurance.
- Wearing a mask is compulsory in Egypt and those who won't wear masks will not be allowed in public transportations.
- Travellers are advised to avoid gatherings, maintain social distancing and regularly sanitize their hands.