If you are someone who is looking to settle down and live in Kenya permanently, then an EB 5 visa Kenya is a good option. It will not just get you a permanent residence but also take care of your finance and income source.
If you think that you can arrange the investment capital amount and you are keen enough to use it then the Kenyan EB 5 visa will work just fine for you.
In this article you can read all about the application process, requirements etc. regarding it. The applicant can also take the help of experts at travel agencies like tourist visa online for advice, however; they cannot submit an application visa to an agency.
Kenya is a famous country in the Eastern part of Africa and is a very attractive place for someone who might be looking for a permanent residence.
It is known for its nature, the savannahs, its animal reserves and parks, Lakelands and safaris. These serve as homes for several animals like lions, elephants, rhinos among many others. The beautiful country also boasts of two immensely great natural wonders in the form of the Great Rift Valley and the Kilimanjaro.
On the other hand, its capital Nairobi offers many up and coming business opportunities for someone who might be looking to invest for the EB 5. Continue reading the article below to find out more about the EB 5 visa requirements in Kenya.
READ ALSO: DO I NEED A VISA FOR KENYA
About the EB 5
The United States government brought in the EB 5 program in the year 1990. It has ever since been adopted by countries all over the world.
It is an especially good way to invite individuals into Kenya so that their investments and ideas bring job creation with them.
The EB 5 is a highly sought after way to acquire a permanent Green card for favourable countries.\
READ ALSO: HOW DO I APPLY FOR KENYA VISA
In this immigration investment program, only a select number of people can apply only if they meet the criteria as written.
To qualify the application for the Kenya EB 5 visa, read the below-mentioned requirements beforehand and get it cross-checked with your travel agency too for favourable results.
- It is open for immigrant investors and their spouses and children, who have to be at least 21 years old.
- You should have the minimum standard investment needed in Kenya, which amounts to $900,000.
- The investment should be able to employ at least 2 full-time workers in Kenya.
Once you have determined that you are a qualifying applicant according to the EB 5 visa requirements in Kenya, you will have to undergo quite a lot of application steps to finally receive that green card:
- Research thoroughly and find yourself a good project to invest in, which will yield results and employment.
- Make a one-time minimum investment of $900,000 after finalising.
- Fill the required I-526 petition form, which will demonstrate that you have invested.
- After approval, you will receive a conditional permanent resident. It will last for two years, after which the renewal depends on the performance.
- Fill the I-485 to adjust your status after two years.
- Receive permanent residency unconditionally.
- For the final step of the EB 5 visa process, fill the I-829 at least three months before your residency anniversary.
READ ALSO: KENYA VISA POLICY
One of the downsides to the application for this kind of visa is that the processing time is very unpredictable. The applicant might have to wait. Furthermore, travel agencies can usually not do much to help accelerate the process.
The time of process for the Kenya EB 5 immigrant investor program depends on the applicant’s citizenship. It can normally take anywhere from 18-24 after a very thorough investigation into your reliability. Some countries, however, like China or even Vietnam can have waiting lists lasting even 10 years.
Particularly for Kenya, it will take quite less than that.