If you are a student who has been accepted into an accredited University in Kenya, then you will have to begin the application for the F1 visa Kenya.
Applicants can apply for this visa both through the regular way, i.e. in person from the embassy or online, via a travel agency like tourist visa online.
The education system in Kenya underwent a 360-degree transformation in 2017, to make it more accessible for international students. It boasts of a great many public and private universities that offer all kinds of educational programs and degrees.
Furthermore, apart from education, Kenya offers a lot of tourism opportunities as well as volunteer ship and internship chances. Students can study with an F1 visa in Kenya but also explore the beauty of its natural parks and sanctuaries.
If you have a mountain-climbing, hiking or trekking spirit in you, then the forests and mountains of Kenya will bring you a lot of joy. You can also learn so much about their culture and history through the art and architecture in the country, as well as the museums.
The capital city of the country has many local markets to discover and you can make friends and get to know people of so many descents and countries while continuing your education in the country.
If you would like to read and learn more about an F1 visa Kenya, then continue reading the article below.
Before you can apply for the F1 visa for Kenya, it is pertinent to know exactly what this visa means for your stay in the country.
This visa is perfect for those foreign citizens to wish to study in any public or private university in Kenya. However, the most important stipulation before the application is that you must have an unconditional offer letter.
Without actually being accepted into an institution, no one can even fill an application.
After you get the acceptance letter from the university you will attend, you should start the application process.
After the final interview, it will only take a week for your F1 visa for Kenya to arrive.
For the application, you should fulfil the requirements mentioned below:
- Complete and submit the application form online.
- A passport, which needs to be valid for an additional six months after your trip ends.
- Passport-sized photographs, coloured, taken against a white background and with a neutral expression.
- Bank account statements for the past three months as proof of your financial stability. Your finances should be well enough to sustain you throughout the trip.
- Furthermore, attaching your letter of acceptance is a must.
Before submitting or attaching these mentioned documents online, you should run them by whichever travel agency you are using. In most cases, visa applications are rejected due to an issue with the submitted paperwork. This is why; you should get it reviewed beforehand.
- Visit the official application website if you are opting for an online visa. You will find the application form right on the homepage of the immigration website.
- Once you have filled the form, submit the fee which will be non-refundable in the event that your application gets rejected.
- You will also have to schedule an interview with the people at the consulate. It can be done either directly or via your travel agency.
- Once the interview concludes, the visa may take at least a week to get processed.
- You should, however, keep in mind that it is not a guarantee that the Kenya student visa will be issued to you. Therefore, it is best to also have some backup plans in place.
READ ALSO: KENYA VISA POLICY
A final interview is a very important part of the approval process in case of an F1 visa for Kenya.
Your travel agent at tourist visa online has a duty to explain the interview process to you and help you ace it.
The applicant does not have to be very concerned with the short interview, since it is known to last for just three to four minutes.