Kenya and Tanzania are both beautiful locations of Est Africa. One can enjoy wonderful wildlife and nature in both of these countries.
As Kenya and Tanzania are both very common tourist spots that are right beside each other, some safari requires crossing borders and Tourists find themselves in doubt whether they need 2 visas to cross the borders.
Well, fret not to help you out of your doubts, this blog states every information one requires to understand the Kenya Tanzania Visa Agreement.
WHAT IS KENYA TANZANIA VISA AGREEMENT
Since tourists often cross borders between Kenya and Tanzania for Safari, the government of Africa decided to make the visa process easier for them to promote tourism.
So even though there is no combined visa for Tanzania and Kenya, the Kenya-Tanzania visa agreement allows tourists to use visas (single-entry) of either country to cross borders.
But to enter each respective country, one will require a visa which can be acquired either in online mode or on arrival.
READ ALSO: Kenya 5 year multiple entry visa
CAN I TRAVEL TO KENYA AND TANZANIA WITH EATV?
East Africa Tourist Visa (EATV) allows tourists to travel to East African countries with just one visa of 90 days validity.
Even though there are many eastern Africa countries including Kenya are linked through this visa, Tanzania isn't in the eligible countries for this visa yet.
So tourists would have to apply for 2 separate visas.
Also, EATV is costlier than a Kenya visa, so unless you are planning your trip to more east African countries, don't apply for EATV just for Keya as it would charge you extra for no reason.
KENYA VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Copy of Passport valid for a minimum of 6 months
- Passport sized coloured photos
- Confirmed flight tickets
- Documents required for next destination
READ ALSO: Kenya tourist visa
TANZANIA VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Passport valid for 6 month
- Copy of information page of the passport
- Confirmed air tickets
- Valid debit or credit card.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISA
Applying for both Kenya and Tanzania visas is very easy and simple.
- All you need to do is get your e-visa application and fill it with personal details.
- Then submit the required documents asked by the application
- Once you fill out your application you can review your application before clicking on 'Submit'.
- After you click on Submit, you will be directed to the payment page.
- You are required to pay the fee for the visa using a valid debit or credit card.
- After receiving your payment you can track your visa status, which you will receive within 3 days.
- Once you receive your e-visa, print it as it is needed to be stamped in the entry ports of Kenya and Tanzania.
READ ALSO: Kenya visa fees
- Carry mosquito repellent all the time.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required while travelling to Kenya
- Avoid swimming in any other pool other than hotels or oceans.
- All travellers are required to take the Covid PCR test and submit their negative reports before crossing the borders and getting into Tanzania.
- Do not travel with underlying health conditions during the pandemic.
- Carry your identity documents with you all the time.
- Be very careful about your belongings and do not leave them unattended.
- Do not carry too much cash on you. Better make your payments using the cards.
WHO CAN GET A VISA ON ARRIVAL IN TANZANIA
Tanzania Visa on Arrival is obtained at the entry point of Tanzania. Currently, only Iraq nationals are eligible for
Tanzania visa on arrival, rest all can opt for Tanzania e-visa.
READ ALSO: Kenya visa policy
Kenya and Tanzania are both beautiful tourists spots that every traveller wants to witness. Tourists travelling to Kenya usually wish to go on safaris that is across the Kenya borders.
So if you too plan your trip to these East African destinations, then you can easily do so by booking your e-visa through Tourist Visa Online. This will allow you to get your approved visa painlessly and without any delay.