Kenya is a beautiful tourist destination that remains a favourite of many. With the introduction of e-visa, the Kenya government has attracted even more travellers with its quick visa system.
Just as many other tourists if you too want to plan your trip to Kenya, but the lack of information is stopping you.
Then here’s everything you need for a Kenya visa and its requirements. So here’s a Kenya visa
KENYA VISA CHECKLIST
The following are the requirements for your Kenya e-visa:
Digital scanned copy of valid passport
- Bank statement to prove applicant has sufficient funds for staying in Kenya
- Confirmed flight tickets
- Proof of stay
- Business cover letter(in case of Business visa)
- Valid email address
- Active debit or credit card for payment
READ ALSO: Complete guide to Kenya visa
WHAT IS KENYA E-VISA?
Kenya e-visa is an electronic visa introduced by the government of Kenya to reduce the long lines and hours spent by tourists in front of the embassy.
Now the tourists can easily apply for a Kenya visa just with few clicks.
HOW TO APPLY FOR KENYA VISA
You are required to follow the given steps to acquire a Kenya e-visa:
- First, you need to get your Kenya e-visa application
- Then read the instructions and fill out the application carefully
- Attach the required documents asked for in the application.
- Once done with filling the application, review it one last time before you click on submit.
- The next tab will direct you towards the payment of the fee. Use a valid debit or credit card to pay.
- Once you are done with payment you will receive a payment confirmation.
- Then you can track your application status, and within 3 days will receive your e-visa via email.
- Take the printout of your e-visa as it is needed to be stamped in the entry port of Kenya.
TYPES OF VISAS
Usually, tourists opt for any of these two visas
Kenya Tourist Visa: Kenya Tourist visa, allows Tourists into Kenya for Travel purposes. This visa is further categorized into two types.
- Single entry visa: This visa allows the tourists for one time entry in Kenya
- Multiple Entry Visa: This visa allows tourists for multiple entries into Kenya.
Kenya Business Visa: A business visa allows the applicants to carry work-related activities like meetings, conferences in Kenya. You cannot work on a Tourist visa.
For getting a business visa approved, documents from both employer and employee are required.
READ ALSO: Kenya tourist visa
KENYA VISA POLICY
Every Kenya visa applicant must know the following visa policy before travelling to Kenya.
- Kenya visa allows tourists to stay up to 90 days in Kenya.
- The Kenya e-visa not only helps to reduce long lines in front of the Embassy but also promote tourists to apply for this easily available visa and plan their vacation in Kenya.
- There are around 150 countries that are eligible for Kenya e-visa.
- All the other foreign nationals who aren’t in the visa-free or e-visa category, require to apply for a Kenya visa through the embassy.
WHO CAN TRAVEL TO KENYA VISA-FREE?
There are selected nations whose citizens are allowed to visit Kenya visa-free.
The following are the list of visa-free countries:
- Brunei Darussalam
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Cyprus
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
READ ALSO: Track Kenya visa Status online
CAN ONE STAY FOR MORE THAN 90 DAYS IN KENYA?
Yes, foreign nationals are allowed to stay more than 90 days i.e their visa validity if they apply for a Kenya visa extension.
The tourist visa can be extended for 90 days when one applies for an extension in Immigration Headquarters in Nairobi or Immigration Office in Mombasa.
KENYA TRAVEL ADVICE
In order to enjoy a smooth trip, travellers are advised to keep the following tips in their mind:
- Tourists are suggested to not leave their belongings unattended.
- Avoid travelling to Somalia, Ethiopia and South Sudan.
- Stay away from the crowd, as it is easy for pickpocketers to target you there.
- Avoid wearing flashy jewellery.
- Do not walk alone after dark.
- Scammers usually dress like government officials to cheat you. So don’t give your money to anyone even if they seem like government officials.
- It is illegal to take photos of official buildings, so avoid doing that.
- Keep your identity documents on you at all times.
READ ALSO: Kenya travel tips
The above mention Kenya visa checklist is all you need to get ready for your trip to Kenya. Abiding by the government guidelines you can easily enjoy your trip. Acquiring a Kenya e-visa is simple and quick as well. Just get in touch with Tourist visa online, and submit the required details and payment.
Then you can rest easy as we work on your application. You will receive your approved application within 3 days.
The process is very simple, hassle-free and with Tourist visa Online you have a minimal chance of your visa getting rejected.