When you think about visiting Africa, you should probably be thinking about Kenya. If you hold a Chile passport and want to know about Kenya, then read this article about Kenya visa for Chile nationals through Tourist Visa Online.
Kenya is a country immersed with vast savannah and wildlife, mountains filled with snow, and such a diverse wildlife and tradition that adds color to the already colorful country. Kenya is a country that lushes around the coastline of the beautiful Indian ocean, equatorial snow top mountains along with the view of sandy desert, and the reminiscence of the continent’s heart through the dense forest that it houses. Adding to the country’s beauty are the Kenyan people, whose struggle to maintain and preserve their tradition in this fast paced modern world is commendable. Your visit to this beautiful country and knowing the tradition and culture would be worth everything.
The land of Masai Mara is no doubt a heaven for wildlife. With wildebeest, Zebras, and thousands of animals including endangered ones like black rhinos migrate with their large population, making it a great wilderness experience. The government of Kenya is always protective of its animals and wildlife. They use armed rangers to protect rhinos and elephants, and this is the reason why the wildlife of this place emerged again after the great poaching incidents of the 1970s and 80s.
KENYA VISA FOR CHILE NATIONALS POLICY
If you are a citizen of Chile and want to visit Kenya you are eligible to apply for a Kenya visa for Chile nationals online.
Citizens of 43 nations namely:
- Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei, Burundi, Cyprus, Dominica,
- Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Ghana, etc.
- Citizens of Uganda, Rwanda can travel freely with just their ID card.
- Diplomatic or service category passport holders of the following nations:
- Visa waiver with Mozambique is still to come into force.
- Visa waiver with the United Arab Emirates is still to come into force.
As a Chile national, you should apply for an e visa 7 seven days in advance, and can stay for a period of 90 days in Kenya.
READ ALSO: How Do I apply for Kenya Visa
The diplomatic relationship between Chile and Kenya was established twelve years post Kenya’s independence from the United Kingdom, in 1975. The first intergovernmental seminar with Chile and East African countries was held in 2007 in Nairobi
Both the nations have signed bilateral agreements on scientific and technological cooperation; several MOUs were also signed between the two countries on sports, culture, arts, and also on gender cooperation.
PROCESSING TIME AND FEE
Kenya visa for Chile nationals cost and processing time is mentioned below:
- 90 days visa tourist visa: This is a single entry visa with a visa validity of 90 days and stay validity of 90 days. The processing time takes 4-5 days and costs USD 77$.
- 3 days tourist visa: This is a single entry visa with a visa validity of 72 hours and stay validity of 72 hours. The processing time takes 4-5 days and costs USD 47$.
HOW TO REACH KENYA FROM CHILE?
You can fly from La Araucania to Nairobi, alternatively you can travel from Santiago to Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret. Or, you can fly to Mendoza and then fly to Nairobi.
The cheapest way to travel to Kenya from Chile is by flight which costs around USD370-USD1150, and takes almost 28 hours to reach. The distance between the two countries is 11952 kilometers.
The airlines operating between the two countries are JetSMART, Kenya airways, Ethiopian airlines, and LATAM Chile.
You can reach La Araucania airport from Chile by taxi which would cost you approx 4 dollars and take 7 minutes to reach.
READ ALSO: Kenya Visa Policy
Visa requirements for Chile nationals to travel to Kenya are listed below:
- Valid original passport that should have at least 6 months of validity from the date of your journey.
- A passport size photograph obeying all the passport photograph rules.
- Hotel reservation proofs.
- Flight tickets.
- Proof of funds in your bank account.
TYPES OF VISA
- SINGLE ENTRY VISA: If you wish to visit Kenya for mainly tourism or personal reasons, then you should apply for a single entry visa. It is only valid for a single entry, and once you leave the country you cannot re enter with that visa. However, you can apply for an extension, after which you can stay there up to another 90 day maximum.
- MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA: If you wish to visit Kenya for business purposes where you will be needed to enter the country several times, then you should apply for a multiple entry tourist visa. This type of visa is not granted on arrival, you have to apply beforehand.
- TRANSIT VISA: This visa is needed if you have a stopover in Kenya.
- EAST AFRICA VISA: If you wish to visit Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda with a single visa then you can apply for this type of visa.
READ ALSO: Do I need a Visa for Kenya
Q. What is the procedure to apply for an e visa to Kenya?
To apply for a visa to Kenya you need to visit our website touristvisaonline.com and follow these steps:
- Enter your citizenship (Chile), and the country you want a visa for (Kenya).
- Choose the type of visa that you need
- Fill out the application form and fill out all the information correctly.
- Upload the needed documents in the portal
- Make the payment for your visa using a valid payment method (Paypal, Debit/Credit card)
- Submit your application. You will receive a mail with your application number mentioned in that. Note that down for future purposes.
Q. Can I extend my stay in Kenya?
Yes, you can. You just need to apply for a visa extension at the immigration in Nairobi and wait for the approval. Make sure to apply beforehand for this, as you would not want to overstay in the country after your visa expires.
Q. Which countries are not eligible to apply for an e visa to Kenya?
The citizens of the following countries need to acquire a visa through the embassy if they wish to travel to Kenya:
- North Korea
To sum it all up, Kenya is one of the most beautiful countries in Africa and you will not regret this beautiful yet simple nation.
Now that you know all about the Kenya visa and Kenya visa for Chile nationals requirements, you can easily fill out the form for Kenya visa for Chile nationals.