Kenya is a land of nature and beauty that brings out peace in you.
It has been a welcoming place to many missionaries who aimed to spread goodness in communities.
In fact, Missionaries were the ones who started formal education and Christianity in Kenya.
Hence Kenya has always been an active ground for missionaries to travel.
Here’s every detail you want to know about Kenya visas for missionaries.
DO MISSIONARIES NEED VISAS TO TRAVEL TO KENYA?
Yes, missionaries require visas to enter Kenya. They can issue missionary visas for Kenya which will allow them to enter Kenya for missionary work.
Kenya Missionary visa or work permit approves the missionaries to work in government-approved religious institutions. This visa belongs to the Class I work permit which is for individuals undertaking charitable or religious activities.
READ ALSO: How do I apply for Kenya visa
VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR MISSIONARIES
To apply for a Kenya Work permit, missionaries require:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Date of birth
- Contact information
- Filled out and signed application form
- Two coloured passport size pictures
- Copy of valid passport
- Copy of certificate of registration of the organisation
- Copy of previous permits (if any)
- Cover letter from the organisation to the Director of Immigrant Services.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A KENYA MISSIONARY VISA?
One needs to follow the following procedure to get their application issued for a Kenya missionary visa/ work permit:
- To get your permit, you would have to register yourself in Kenya electronic foreign National Service (eFNS) portal.
- After registering yourself click on the application tab and then go to the “Permit” section.
- Read the instructions of the ‘Approved religious or charitable activities’ tab carefully and then click on Apply now.
- On clicking, you will be directed to the online application form where you have to fill in your details correctly.
- Then attach the required documents asked in the form.
- Review your application once and then proceed to the payment
- After paying the required fee for the application, you will receive payment confirmation via email.
- Make sure you take a printout of the payment receipt and application form, which you will require to submit at Immigration Headquarters or regional offices.
- Once you receive your approved application, you will need to pay the issuance fee to issue your permit.
- You will then receive your permit through your eFNS account.
READ ALSO: Kenya visa application form
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS WORK PERMIT/VISA?
The following eligibilities are required if one wishes to get a Kenyamissionary visa/ work permit:
- This permit is granted to a member of the organisation who will act like a missionary in the Organisation registered under the Society’s Act.
- Applicants who have sufficient resources that can be used for the purpose.
- Applicants whose participation in the organisation will benefit Kenya.
FEE NEEDED TO BE PAID BY MISSIONARIES
- Application fee
- Issuance fee
- Renewal of permit fee(paid annually)
IS KENYA SAFE FOR MISSIONARIES?
Kenya is a safe place for missionaries, however, it is best to take precautions and stay vigilant to avoid any unnecessary trouble. Here are a few safety tips for missionaries travelling to Kenya:
- Do not go to slums unaccompanied, s you might get mugged there.
- Do not walk alone at night. You will find places perfectly safe during the day, however, the same places become unsafe at night.
- Avoid walking with big cameras or equipment, as this will attract negative attention and thieves might try to steal your belongings.
- Do not wear expensive ornaments or flashy jewellery.
- Do not carry too much cash with you, use cards for your payment.
- Go out in groups
- Stay vigilant of your environment.
- Do not invite strangers to your home.
- Stay away from crowds, as it is the best opportunity for pickpockets to target,
READ ALSO: Complete guide to Kenya visa
Visiting Kenya on a mission trip could be amazing. This experience will make you feel the love and warmth of many local communities of Kenya.
If you are a potential missionary wanting to visit Kenya, then you should do so as this will bring you the best work experience. If you still find yourself confused or wanting more information about a Kenya missionary visa, then you can simply connect with Tourist Visa Online to get your queries solved.