Kuwait is a small oil rich nation that has several tourist attractions. The country has the perfect adventure plan for its tourists with the desert safari too. Tourists often indulge themselves into the rich history and culture of the country. With so many interesting places to visit, sometimes the 90 days visa may not be sufficient to discover the hidden gems in the country. This will then call for an extension. To know more about the same, read this article about Kuwait visa extension.
Every year, millions of tourists step inside this heavenly abode. The country houses several museums, towers, beaches, restaurants, shopping complexes, and so much more.
HOW TO GET A TOURIST KUWAIT VISA EXTENSION?
There are certain Kuwait travel restrictions that need to be followed by the fellow travelers. The visa renewal policy for the country can be called a tough one, as you cannot renew your visa while being in the country.
The tourist visa is only valid for a period of 90 days. You are not allowed to stay for more than the stipulated time. As the 90 days visa is a single entry one, you cannot use that visa for multiple times too. Hence, if you are in the need to stay in the country for more than 90 days, you will have to get the visa extension by applying for the Kuwait visa application form. Applying for which is slightly complicated while you are in the country.
Getting a renewal is possible but it is not as straightforward. The option is to leave the country and then apply for a visa renewal, and again return to the country. For example: You can fly to Bahrain which only takes 40 minutes. Apply for a visa renewal the, and then return to Kuwait once your application gets approved.
The visa extension can only be gained for a period of 1 month. It can be done by submitting an application to the immigration department. This should be done way before the visa expires.
Now, if you stay beyond the one month period of your visa extension, you will be fined heavily. You will have to pay a fine of approximately $33 per day. This has to be continued until you leave the country. Also, you won’t be allowed to leave the country without paying the full fine. To avail the renewal, you will also have to pay the visa renewal fee. The port is open during office hours. To save some time, you can also pay the fee in advance if you know how many days you are going to stay in the country.
READ ALSO: Kuwait visa on arrival
HOW TO APPLY?
The process for applying for an extension is pretty simple. It is more or less the same as applying for an e visa. It is however possible only if you are outside the country. There is some additional information that you would have to provide while applying though. They are:
- If you have previously been to the country. You must select “yes” for this question.
- You will also have to provide the reference number of the previous visa that you had traveled on.
The process is completed quickly, as the screening process has already been done.
WHO CAN OBTAIN A VISA TO KUWAIT?
The countries belonging to the Gulf Cooperation Council can enter the country without obtaining a visa. They are visa exempt from visiting the country. Apart from that, there are 54 Kuwait visas on arrival countries. They can either apply for a visa beforehand, which is done online easily, or they can obtain the visa upon reaching the country. Applying beforehand has several advantages. You will get your visa without much time and effort if you apply for it online. You will not have to wait in long queues at the immigration.
There are certain countries that are banned from visiting the country. Citizens of the following countries can not obtain a visa to the country:
The above countries are not allowed to enter a country, as they are not eligible to even apply for a visa.
Hence, if you belong to any of the above mentioned countries, you cannot obtain a visa.
READ ALSO: Kuwait visa policy
There are certain documents that are required to be fulfilled in order to receive a visa to the country. The Kuwait visa requirements are:
- The duly filled in application form that should be filled with all the correct details.
- Your passport. It should be in good condition and should contain at least two blank pages. It should also be valid for at least 6 months from your date of travel to the country.
- Copies of two passport size photographs. The photograph should be taken with 80% of your face covering the frame.
- The return flight tickets as a proof that you will return back to your country before your visa expires.
- Your salary slips of the last three months if you are an employed person.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF VISA CAN I AVAIL?
Before visiting a country, you must have a thorough knowledge about the types of visa provided by them. It would make it easier for you to choose according to your requirements. The country the following types of visas:
- Tourist visa: This is granted to the people who want to visit the country for travel purposes. It is a single entry visa and is valid for 90 days.
- Visit visa: It is sponsored by a relative who is a foreign resident staying in the country. The details of the sponsors are also needed in order to obtain this visa.
- Work visa: Kuwait work visa is issued to the individuals who intend to work in the country.
- Transit visa: This is granted to anyone who has a layover of more than 24 hours in the country.
- Entrance visa: This allows the employees of the government or civil sector to enter the country for joining the providers.
READ ALSO: How to track Kuwait visa online
Q. Can I extend my family visa for my sister? If not, then can I transfer it to a tourist visa?
The family visas are valid for a period of three months for spouse and children. For distant relatives, it is only valid for a period of one month. The family visas cannot be extended or transferred into tourist visas. Hence, your sister will have to leave the country and again enter after applying for a new visa. According to the visa policy of the country, you cannot acquire a second visit visa within six months. So, plan accordingly.
Q. Do I also have to apply for a visa for my one year old kid?
Everyone wanting to enter the country needs to avail a visa. In case of children, it is the responsibility of the parents to apply on their behalf. Their birth certificate is needed for this purpose.
Q. After the visa renewal process is done, for how long am I allowed to stay in the country?
You can stay in the country for a maximum period of one month after your visa is renewed. Make sure you do not extend this date.
You may find the Kuwait visa extension process a bit tough. But, nothing is tough with the right knowledge and experience. We hope we provided you all the information, and that the next time you will be looking for a visa renewal for Kuwait, you will not face any trouble.