The Nepal Visa Requirements
are straightforward. Nepal has an excellent visa-on-arrival policy, allowing most nations to enter the country without a visa. Citizens of SAARC nations are eligible for a free visa on arrival (except Afghanistan) with appropriate visa requirements. In order to enter and remain in Nepal, Indian citizens do not require a visa. The visa requirements for Nepal are rather straightforward. Nepal has a fantastic visa-on-arrival policy, granting visas on arrival to passport holders from nearly every country on the planet. Nationals of SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) nations such as Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka are eligible for free visas on arrival. In this article, we will learn about Nepal Visa Requirements
How can one apply for a visa to Nepal?
An application for a Nepal visa can be made in one of two ways:
- When you arrive in Nepal, either at the airport or via a land border crossing,
- Before traveling, contact the Nepalese diplomatic mission in your destination country.
Visa for transit:
On proof of a departing airline ticket via Nepal's Tribhuvan International Airport, a transit visa
for one day can be obtained at Nepal's immigration offices at entry points or comparable convertible currency.
Visa for business:
On the suggestion of the Ministry of Industry, a business visa with multiple entrance facilities for one year and five years can be transferred to the Department of Migration in Nepalese currency to the Immigration department.
Visa Requirements for Nepal:
When applying for a Nepal Visa on Arrival, you must carry the following documents with you:
- Your original passport, which must be valid for another six months and contain at least two blank visa pages.
- Photocopies of your passport's information page
- You must have at least one current passport-size photo of yourself (1.5inch x 1.5inch with a white background). However, you should bring several because you will need them if you wish to extend your visa, pay the cost, or for other reasons.
- Nepal Visa Application Form completed and signed (completed online and printed)
- Evidence of lodging in Nepal (such as a hotel reservation or an address)
- Return flight or travel ticket must be valid.
- Bank statements from the last three months, for example, are proof of sufficient financial means.
- Evidence of payment of the Nepal visa fee
READ ALSO: DO I NEED A VISA FOR NEPAL
Getting a Visa Extension:
- The sole agency that asks for documents that can extend both tourist and non-tourist visas is the Department of Immigration headquarters in Kathmandu's Kalikasthan area.
- Only tourist visas can be extended at the Pokhara Immigration Office with appropriate Requirements for Nepal Visa. Visitors should apply for visa extensions before their visas expire.
- Long-term overstays can result in hefty penalties, imprisonment, and incarceration pending official deportation proceedings, as well as a lifetime ban on re-entry
Exit Requirements are as follows:
- You will not be able to leave Nepal unless you have a valid visa. If your visa has expired, you must apply for a new one before leaving the country. Consider Tourist Visa Online for any doubts.
- Extending visas is not permitted at the Immigration Office at Tribhuvan International Airport.
- Some US citizens who attempted to extend their visas at the airport were directed to the Kathmandu Immigration Office to pay the extension cost, causing them to miss their flights.
- If you renew or replace your passport at the Embassy in Kathmandu, you must request that your Nepali visa be transferred by pasting a new visa into your new passport by the Department of Immigration.
- Additional immigration information can be found on the Nepalese government's Department of Immigration website.
READ ALSO: HOW TO APPLY NEPAL VISA ONLINE
After you've obtained a Tourist Visa in Nepal:
A Nepal Visa will be issued to all foreign visitors that enter Nepal. If your objective of the trip is something other than tourism or leisure (such as working, investing, or learning), you can apply to the Nepal Department of Immigration to modify the category of your visa, which will also change the period of your visa.
Foreigners traveling to Nepal for tourism or leisure activities are awarded a tourist visa. You will, however, need to Apply Nepal Visa
and acquire a tourist visa
when you first enter Nepal, regardless of your reason for travel. Then, depending on why you're in Nepal, you can ask the Nepal Department of Immigration to alter your visa category to reflect the purpose and duration of your trip. If you want to work in Nepal, for example, you'll still need to enter the country on a Tourist Visa
and then apply to the Department of Immigration to alter your visa with the help of Tourist Visa Online
along with a category to a Work Visa; otherwise, you won't be able to work or stay in Nepal long-term.
This was all the details regarding Nepal Visa Requirements
that you need to know about. So get your Nepal Visa
from Tourist Visa Online
and explore the amazing nation.
Apply Nepal Visa