This article deals with everything about getting a Suriname Permanent Residence with great efficiency.
Do you wish to leave your country and shift abroad permanently? Suriname, a quaint little country in South America might be just the right option. It has the perfect mix of nature and mankind, with its thick forests as well as the awe-worthy architecture of the colonial era.
To become a permanent resident of any place, the first order of business is to get a tourist or visitor’s visa. Let’s find out the requirements and process for that below.
Tourist Visa Requirements
If you are getting a Suriname tourist visa from Tourist Visa Online or the embassy, there are a few basic requirements. You will need the following documents ready to apply.
- A passport is valid for six months minimum.
- The passport should have at least three blank pages.
- A travel program which should list all your destinations clearly.
- Details of accommodation reservations, for the entirety of the stay.
- Two photos, passport-sized and against a white background.
- Lastly, the visitor also has to submit their bank statements for at least three months before travel. It is proof that you have sufficient funds for the trip.
READ ALSO: Suriname E Visa Website
Visa Application Process
A single-entry tourist visa is valid for 90 days. It can then be extended for up to a period of six months to one year.
If you are using a travel agency, such as tourist visa online then follow these steps below to get the visa in 7-9 days.
- Begin by visiting the official website of Tourist Visa Online
- For starters, you can check all the important details by entering your- current citizenship, place of residence, and the country you want to travel to. After that, hit on the apply visa option.
- Fill in the application form correctly.
- Attach all the digital documents and photographs where required.
- Lastly, submit the e-visa fee and press enter.
- The agency will get the visa processed in a week. After which, it will be mailed to the applicant at their registered email address.
- It is advisable to print a hard copy for the travel.
Alternatively, you can also go directly to your city’s embassy, to apply for a visa. Regardless of the process, the documents required will remain the same, as mentioned above.
You can apply for an extension of your tourist visa, to get the Suriname Permanent Residence. The immigration officer will ask for the following as a part of the process:
- A tourist/visitor’s visa.
- Passport, which is valid for at least six months yet.
- The authorities will have to conduct a thorough background check. (Police records, finances etc.)
- You will have to submit a birth certificate.
- A guarantor to vouch for you during the time of residence. They have to be a citizen and resident in the country of Suriname.
Resident status process
After one month of stay on the tourist visa, you can begin the process for extension.
In the beginning, you can extend it up to six months to one year.
- The application for visa extension should be submitted at the consulate.
- The background check, bank accounts and document verification can take a few weeks.
- After which the visitor will get a resident status, which is not permanent.
- The resident status is valid for two years and has to be renewed after that.
- It is best to begin each renewal process, four months before the visa expiry date.
- The applicant can only apply for permanent residence, after living in Suriname for five years on resident status.
Conditions for the Residence
Once the applicant has received their Suriname Permanent Residence, they will have to follow a few rules over the years:
- You will have to provide proof of private medical insurance to apply for permanent residence.
- The permanent status will also have to be renewed every year for $150.
- Additionally, you will not be able to leave the country for longer than 12 months. It will lead to the permanent residence getting cancelled.
- In the event of cancellation, you will have to begin the whole process again.