The Suriname PR visa is the official permission or permit document provided to the immigrant to work and stay in the country for a long or permanent period. The immigrant can stay with the family with the resident status. A PR visa tells about the status of the Immigrant in the foreign country. An immigrant with a PR visa for Suriname will not be considered a citizen of Suriname. The immigrant will be recognized as a foreign resident, should follow relevant procedures to obtain permanent status.
PR Visa eligibility
To apply for a PR visa for Suriname, the applicant should fulfill the following criteria :
- Be the citizen of a foreign country
- A proper valid reason to immigrate to Suriname
- Applicant must have a visitor or tourist visa
- The eligibility criteria are different as per the reason to move to Suriname which may be a marriage, for work, etc.
READ ALSO: How can I apply for a Suriname visa online
PR Visa Process for Suriname
Applicants should apply for a tourist visa to obtain the Pr visa for Suriname. The process to issue PR visa will consume immigrant type as they have to follow few procedures which are:
- Every visitor except the visa-exempt country must obtain a tourist or visitor visa to enter the country. It will allow the visitor to stay in the country for t month.
- For obtaining a PR visa or Permanent Resident visa, applicants can extend the validity period up to 6 months. They can also extend it up to 1 year.
- All the documents and forms for a visa extension are required to be submitted to the embassy or the consulate office.
- The processing and approval of applicants visa application forms for Suriname will take place, which will include
- Applicants should submit a copy of the passport for verification
- The copy of the applicant's birth certificate is for proof and it is one of the important documents.
- A sponsor or the person who should be the Suriname citizen and the resident.
- Background inspection of the applicant by the police.
- Before the PR visa, applicants are required to receive resident status.
- The resident status will allow the immigrant to stay in the country temporarily.
- The validity period of Resident status is up to 2 years.
- The immigrant should apply for a visa extension before the expiry date of resident status.
- Immigrants or applicants should stay in the country for 5 constant years with the resident status.
- After this step, an applicant can move to the next step that is applying for a PR visa or Permanent Resident visa.
Renewal of PR Visa Status
After submitting important documents for PR Visa it is important to renew your PR visa every year. They have to pay visa fees to renew it which is USD 150.
READ ALSO: Track Suriname visa status online
Important requirements to obtain a PR visa for Suriname
Applicants should have and submit all the requirements which are:
- Must have a visitor visa before applying for a PR visa.
- Resident status for 5 years and should live in the country for 5 years.
- Financial documents
- Valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Medical insurance
After obtaining a PR visa for Suriname make sure that you do not stay out of the country for more than one year otherwise you will be required to apply for the visa again.
How to apply for Tourist Visa to obtain a PR visa:
The first step is to complete the necessary procedures, for PR visa is obtaining tourist or visitor visa. Applicant and the person who wants to move to Suriname can apply for the Surname e Visa on Tourist Visa Online by:
1) Fill the online application form for Suriname Tourist Visa.
2) Submit the application form with the required documents attach it with the form.
3) Applicant should pay the Suriname Tourist or Visitor visa fee.
4) Receive your visa for Suriname which will be sent to your email ID.
The processing time will be 7 to 9 days.
The important documents required to be uploaded with the application form are:
- Hotel reservations or accommodation details
- Return tickets
- Information about your journey and travel to Suriname
- A scanned digital copy of applicant's bank statement and details about financial status for the evidence.
After the end of the validity period applicant should apply for an extension which is the second step to apply for a PR visa for Suriname.
READ ALSO: How long does it take to get a visa for Suriname
Foreigners can apply for PR visa who are planning to stay in Surname permanently. Suriname is a country in South America. It is located in the northeast area of South America. Suriname is a safe and beautiful country with natural beauty and landscapes to live in. Obtaining a PR visa for Suriname and maintaining the resident status is a little difficult.