The less explored destination of Ukraine is a colorful country that is nestled on the Black Sea. The country is full of wild forests, rugged beaches, and craggy mountain plains.
With a country which has so much heritage and cultural diversity, Ukraine provides ski resorts, modern facilities, and traditional villages. Many of the villages in the country are a part of UNESCO world heritage site and preserved historical areas.
To visit this amazing country, you should be well aware about the Ukraine visa types and get an in depth knowledge about the Ukraine types of visa. Read this article till the end to find out more.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF UKRAINE VISA TYPES?
There are different types of visas for Ukraine depending upon the purpose of visit. Depending upon the purpose of visit, visas can be categorized as tourist, visitor, work, study, business, transit, and visa for family members.
The different Ukraine types of visa are mentioned below:
TRANSIT VISA (B TYPE)
This is issued to the foreign nationals who pass through the country to reach a third destination. They are also issued for the transit of cargo and vehicle passengers.
Single, double, and multiple entry visas are issued for this category. The stay period is indicated on the document itself. You should however note that the period should not exceed one year, and each transit should not exceed five days.
The requirements to obtain a transit visa for this country are:
- Valid confirmed flight tickets to a third destination.
- Confirmed documents for the nature of cargo or vehicle passengers.
- The license for international transportation services that had been issued by the competent authority situated in the host country.
- Valid passport that must not expire within six months from the date of travel.
- Passport size photographs.
SHORT TERM VISA (C TYPE)
This is issued to the foreign nationals who won’t exceed their stay beyond the 90 days in a 180 days stay period. They are issued on the basis of single, double, or multiple entry for six months or for the time period that has been indicated in the given document. This should not exceed a period of five years.
The requirements to obtain a short term visa for Ukraine are:
- Duly filled in visa application form.
- Two copies of passport size photos that should not be older than six months. They should be clicked against a white background with tied hairs and face clearly visible.
- Original government issued passport that should not expire within six months from the date of entry into the country. The passport should not be damaged or torn, and should contain at least two blank pages for the purpose of stamping.
- A valid medical insurance of EUR 30000 should be done positively. The medical insurance should also specify the validity of this coverage and should cover all the expenses regarding medical emergencies.
- The bank statement of the applicant should be submitted as a proof that he or she has enough funds in their account to support them financially while their stay in the country. The bank statement should be provided for the past six months.
- Hotel or accommodation details in the country.
- Confirmed flight tickets as a proof that you intend to leave the country once your visa expires.
- A cover letter mentioning the details and reasons for your visit in the country. It should contain all the details regarding your trip.
LONG TERM VISA (D TYPE)
The long term visa is issued to the foreign nations if they intend to stay in the country and seek temporary residence for more than 90 days. They are issued as multiple entry visas that are valid for 90 days.
According to the visa policy of the country, all the applicants wanting to acquire a Ukraine visa type D must provide these documents:
- A valid government issued passport that should not expire within three months from the date of entry into the country. It should also have at least two blank pages for stamping purpose. The passport should not be older than 10 years.
- Duly filled and signed visa application form.
- One passport size photograph of the applicant that should be clicked against a white background. The photograph should have been clicked recently.
- A valid medical insurance cover for the applicant for a sum of at least EUR 30000 that will cover their expenses for medical emergencies, if any, while they stay in the country. You should note that, diplomatic or service passport holders are exempt from this requirement.
- Proof of enough funds in the bank account of the applicant must be provided in the form of bank account statement. The statement should be provided for six months and should show that the person has enough funds in their bank account that will help them financially while they stay in the country.
- Paid visa fee for the applied visa is compulsory for the processing of the visa.
READ ALSO: Ukraine Visa Policy
Hence, before you visit the country make sure to have in depth knowledge about Ukraine visa types so that you can choose what visa to apply for depending upon your purpose of visit.