Gauging over the UK Visa Requirements is the step after one chooses the kind of Visa he desires to apply for. Tourist Visa Online offers various Types of UK Visa for all those who wish to enter the country. Over these varieties of Visa, the applicant is required to submit the documents required for applying for a UK Visa. Only after these essential documents are submitted, the processing of the UK Visa may take place.
There are millions of people who wish to either travel the country for tourism/visit, academic inclination, work, employment or business, family or spousal dependency, transiting through the UK etc. Each of these purposes of travel may have different requirements in terms of the documentations which are meant to be submitted.
The documents are labeled under the term ‘mandatory’ because of the raging statistics of fraudulent and illegal activities which may put the country in a state of risk. To prevent such misfortunes, the UK government and Immigration authorities have become strict and only approve the applicant on the basis of the submission of these essential/mandatory documents.
We at Tourist Visa Online portal, aim for our readers to have a hassle-free experience. This blog will impart information regarding the mandatory documents which are required for applying for a UK Visa. By the end of the blog, the readers will be aware of all the requirements and will get solutions to all their concerns.
- UK Visa Policy
- Documents Required for applying for a UK visa
- Additional required documents
- Frequently Asked Questions
UK Visa Policy
The UK government and immigration authorities have introduced the Visa policy states all the visa requirements and the information regarding the UK Visa for all the visitors outside the country and all over the world.
As per reports, since 31st January 2020, the United Kingdom is no longer the member of the European Union. It is yet in the transition period till at least 31st December 2020 which will implement the EU Law. This implementation will include the right to freedom. The UK operates its visa policy and will maintain a common travel area associated with the Republic of Ireland, The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
Documents required for applying for a UK visa
The UK authorities can process the visa applications only if the right documents are submitted and valid. As per the desired visa type, the applicant is required to gather all their essential documents and submit it on the day of the interview with the UK Visa Embassy.
The applicant is required to submit the following documents for the application of their UK Visa:
- UK visa application form.
As per the desired UK visa type, the applicant is required to duly fill the UK visa application form online.
- The applicant is required to submit two photographs.
The applicant is supposed to submit two photographs which should be clicked within the past six months. The photography should be in colour and clicked against a white background, with complete face and ears visibility.
Valid Passport of the applicant The validity of the passport of the applicant must be for at least three months before the date of the applicant’s departure from the UK. The passport of the applicant must also have a blank page for the visa to be stamped.
- The applicant is required to submit proof of finance.
The applicant is required to submit the proof that they have the financial stability to cover the trip while in the UK. The proofs may be in the order of bank statements of the past six months or its payslips.
- The applicant is required to submit their Proof of accommodation.
The applicant is required to submit their documents which stands evidence as to where will they be accommodated whilst their visit/stay.
- Detailed travel itinerary of the applicant is a required document.
The applicant is required to submit their travel itinerary which provides all the information like where and what they are planning to do in the UK. While submitting the itinerary the applicant should also include their travel dates, places they are planning to visit, their meeting agendas etc.
- The applicant is required to submit their Biometric information.
For all those who are applying for their UK Visa, which is permitting them to stay in the UK for more than 6 months, they will be required to submit their biometric information. This will include submitting the applicant’s fingerprints and a digital photograph at the embassy.
- The applicant is supposed to submit Paid UK visa fees receipt.
The applicant is required to submit their UK visa fees receipt after the payment is made. If the fees aren’t paid, then the Visa application won’t be processed.
- In case a document is in a regional language, other than English or Welsh, they are supposed to be certified translated.
Additional required documents
In case the applicant is wanting to apply for an Employment Status
The applicant is required to submit an extra set of documents as per their working status, they are:
- In case the applicant is employed:
- The applicant is required to submit a letter from their employer. This letter should confirm the position of the applicant at work, including their salary and the tenure of their employment.
- In case the applicant is self-employed:
- The applicant is required to get his/her business documents registered. They are required to confirm their business owner’s name and the date they intend to start their business.
- In case a student is applying for a Visa:
- The applicant is required to submit a letter from the person or institution which is their education provider. This letter should confirm the applicant’s enrolment and their leave of absence.
In case the applicant is under the age of 18 years:
Applicants who are under the age of 18 are supposed to submit a set of additional documents. They are:
- Birth Certificate of the applicant
- In case the applicant is an adopted child, then his/her Adoption papers.
In case the applicant is travelling alone or along with someone else who is not their parent(s), then they are required to submit:
- The applicant is required to submit a signed letter from his/her parent which should confirm the details of anyone who is accompanying the child/applicant.
- The applicant is also required to submit a copy of their parents’ or guardian’s bio page of their passport.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is the Bank Statement required for obtaining a UK Visa?
Yes, it is required for the applicant to submit their Bank statement of at least 6 months. It acts as proof that the applicant can stably live in the country until the expiry of their Visa.
Q. What happens if you cannot fulfil all the UK Visa Requirements?
In case you are unable to fulfil and submit all the UK visa requirements and the mandatory documents, your UK visa might get rejected. It is mandatory for the applicant to submit all the documents required for applying for a UK Visa.