One of the best things about being a US citizen is that you can easily get a visa on arrival for most countries in the world. However, if you are planning to go to visit the former Soviet Union nation of Uzbekistan, then read this article to find out how to get Uzbekistan visa from Consulate in the USA.
Usually, the application process can be completed just as easily with a travel agency like tourist visa online or through the website but you can also go to the embassy in person.
Uzbekistan is a great place to visit if you are someone who has an interest in ancient history, museums and their curations. After its split from the USSR, the country became a mecca for all things that once reminded the world of an era.
Another very famous landmark that the country boasts of is the Silk trade route. It was used to transport exquisite quality silk from China to other parts of the continent in ancient times.
It also has a colourful economy, local markets, delicacies of local food passed on from generation to generation. In the middle of the desert, you will find ornate architectural structures from the Islamic era as well.
Continue reading this article below, to find out how to apply for an Uzbekistan visa from a USA consulate.
READ ALSO: E VISA FOR UZBEKISTAN HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
You can visit the Uzbekistan visa application page of tourist visa online and check your eligibility for a visa on arrival. In which case, you do not have to find out how to apply for an Uzbekistan visa from a USA consulate.
On reaching the country, you can visit the USA embassy located in Tashkent in Uzbekistan and get your visa on arrival from there too.
Alternatively, follow the steps below to apply for a visa at the consulate itself:
- Go to the embassy and fill the form, for the kind of visa you want.
- Submit the documents as required along with the visa fee at the office itself.
- It can take a couple of weeks for the application to get processed, after which you can come to pick your visa up.
Here is a list of documents that the embassy officials will ask you to submit along with the Uzbekistan visa application:
- Application form duly filled and signed.
- A copy of your return flight ticket.
- Passport, valid at the time of entry with one blank page for the stamps.
- Two passport-sized photographs, taken against a white background.
- Complete travel itinerary of all the destinations you plan on visiting as well as the accommodations booked for the trip.
- A letter of invitation from the company that you are visiting for business (for a business visa)
Even if you have filled the Uzbekistan visa application from the USA consulate, it is better to consult a travel agency such as tourist visa online to go through your papers. Wrong or incomplete documents are often causes of visa rejection.
USA and Uzbekistan, both countries have sounded several alerts regarding covid 19 during the pandemic. In fact, during the application for Uzbekistan visa from USA you will be advised to only travel if it is an emergency.
If you are vaccinated and still want to visit Uzbekistan then you will have to follow the rules and regulations mentioned below:
- Non vaccinated travellers, need to show a negative RT-PCR report at the airport (it should not be older than 72 hours)
- Undergo mandatory temperature screening.
- They will also have to undergo a mandatory 14 day self-isolation period after arrival.
- No such quarantine restrictions will be levied on vaccinated passengers once they present their vaccination certificates at the Uzbekistan international airport.