Students now have an opportunity of getting a student visa issued to them for their studies in Vietnam. However, it is seen that this Vietnam student visa is normally provided to students only after they reach Vietnam. The normal procedure to get one is to go on a tourist visa first and then get hold of a student visa. This visa is also called as the DH type of visa. This visa also does not need the student to take citizenship in Vietnam in order to study.
- The help of travel agencies
- Completion of the procedure period
- Student visa renewal or extension
- Student visa for students from visa-exempted countries
Eligibility of Vietnam Student visa:
All those students can apply for a student visa that fulfills the following conditions:
- Are going to Vietnam for the purpose of education
- Are going to Vietnam for an internship
- Are going to Vietnam for an exchange program
- Are going on a twinning program
If any of the above conditions are a part of your reason to go to Vietnam then you can apply for a student visa.
Documents Required for Apply Student Visa of Vietnam :
Those students who want to enroll for a student visa must have the following documents in hand to be able to apply for one. The documents can be as follows:
- A passport copy and 2 images which are passport sized.
- Passport with a six-month validity and which has at least one page which is left blank on which the stamp will be put.
- The approval letter must be provided which will act as proof of you being enrolled in that particular institution.
- The fee for the application must be kept ready
- Any certificates which include grades, subject details, degrees which you have earned.
- A cover letter is needed to be submitted which will be given by either your guardian or a sponsor.
- Proof of the financial funds
- Residence proof must also be submitted
- Medical certificate which will give detail about the health of the student being enrolled.
- Air tickets for both arrival and departure.
- A proof that shows that the student has enough knowledge about the English language or the Vietnamese language.
The procedure-How to Apply Student visa for Vietnam :
The procedure that a student needs to follow in order to get the visa can be given as follows:
- A student must first enroll his or her name as a student in Vietnam. You can do this easily by enrolling your name to study the Vietnamese language.
- You can ask the school or college where you have been enrolled to give out documents that prove you have been enlisted in the college’s students’ name list.
- These documents that the school or college provides will also contain the information about the stay limit you need in order to finish the education.
- The filled-in application along with the passport and the other documents which have been mentioned above should be taken to the immigration department. You can find these departments in Hanoi, Da Nang, and Ho Chi Minh City. You can go to any of the closest branches and submit the documents.
- The application fee may vary and will range from 25 USD to 85 USD which depends on how quickly you need the visa and how long you the visa will be valid for.
The help of travel agencies:
When you need a student visa, there is not much that a travel agency can do. They can only provide you with the tourist visa which will be valid for a maximum period of 30 days. When you have this visa you can easily enter Vietnam and get your student visa issued. You can also apply to Tourist Visa Online to save your time. The only place where you can get the student visa is at the school where you have been enrolled and the immigration department in Vietnam.
Completion of procedure period:
The time period for the application procedure to be completed will take about 4 days to 10 days.
Student visa renewal or extension:
You can submit a form along with the documents which will be listed below at least 14 days prior to the expiration date of your visa. the documents you need to submit are:
- An application form also called as the N5 form should be submitted. The form can be filled in for an extension, modification, replacement, or for issuance as a temporary foreign resident.
- A passport with the above-mentioned validity.
- A proof of the residence in Vietnam
- A photo that has a white background, formal attire and no glasses to be worn.
- Original id card issued from the college or school
- A proof which shows the payment of the upcoming semester has been done
- The fee for the extension
Once you get all the documents and submit the application it will take about 3 to 14 days to get the visa extended. The approval letter from the school, however, will take about 30 days.
Student visa for students from visa-exempted countries:
For those students living in the countries where no visa is needed to enter Vietnam can go to Vietnam without a visa but must exit and re-enter with a student visa to have a long duration of stay for the education.
Hence the students can easily get a Vietnam student visa by following the above-mentioned procedure and details.