Africa is a country filled with beautiful landscapes, vast wildlife, culture, and so much more. Citizens of the United States are eligible for a visa on arrival; all you need to do is fill out the approval form. If you want to apply for a Zambia visa online and are wondering about how to do that via Tourist Visa Online, read this article about Zambia visa for United States citizens till the end.
Africa is a vast continent that is filled with beauty. Likewise, as any African country, Zambia has all the beauty in itself to lure you. You can taste the mesmerizing wildlife, and astonishing greenery of the country. The time that you spend here will be adventurous that will lead you to the wilderness where animals roam freely, and where you can canoe down the placid river and also raft through the Victoria falls.
ZAMBIA VISA FOR UNITED STATES CITIZENS POLICY
Everyone who wants to visit the country must obtain a visa, except if you come from a visa-exempt country, or you enjoy the visa on arrival facility. The countries eligible for the visa exempt facility are Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Kenya, Dominica, Cyprus, Malaysia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, and various others. In 2014, a KAZA visa was introduced jointly by Zambia and Zimbabwe both. You can also look for a Zambia and Zimbabwe visa for u.s. citizens, which will allow you to visit both the countries with a single visa.
Apart from that citizens of 94 countries can enter Zambia and obtain a visa on arrival, they are, Andorra, Albania, Brazil, Haiti, Honduras, Japan, Mexico, Monaco, Myanmar, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Rwanda, South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, Vietnam and many more. A Zambia visa on arrival for uk citizens is also applicable.
Also, people who hold diplomatic passports of any country are eligible for the visa on arrival facility.
Hence, the citizens of the US can fill the approval form online and get their visa on arrival easily.
READ ALSO: Zambia visa policy
ZAMBIA VISA FOR UNITED STATES CITIZENS REQUIREMENTS
One of the clever things that you can do before applying for the visa is to get to know about the documents required while filling out the form. Read the list below to get an idea about the same:
- Filled application form providing all the correct details.
- A valid US passport.
- Passport size photograph.
- Yellow fever medical certificate (original as well as a copy)
- Cover letter with the reasons for your visit.
- Return flight ticket.
- Bank statement as a proof that you will be able to handle yourself and your family while in the country.
READ ALSO: Zambia visa free countries
Zambia is the home to abundant wildlife. You will find many different species of animals in the country along with several parks and sanctuaries, like Luangwa national park, Kasanka national park, Kafue national park, etc. There are a lot of waterfalls to chase in the country including Kundalila, Chishimba, Kabweluma, Lumangwe and several others. Due to lesser crowds in here, you will surely enjoy it to the fullest and even camp at some of the sites.
If you want to get a little closer to the local people, you can get to know more about their culture and traditions by taking part in various festivals that they have. In total, the country has 73 spoken languages, all with their own cultures.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- Between May and July: The weather during this period is cool and dry without a drop of rain. Nights can be a bit chilly, so make sure to carry the dresses accordingly.
- Between August and November: This is the period of hot and dry weather. It is really hot in the country during this time with the fields gearing up for the plantations. This period is great for wildlife viewing, however, the Victoria fall will not be much of a beauty during this time.
- During November: First half of the month is dry and then it starts raining depending on the region of the country. Usually the northern part is wetter than the south. This month is the best time to watch the bat migration.
- Between December and April: This is the rainy period in the country, due to many unpaved roads, it becomes difficult to cross them during this season. Also, there is rarely any wildlife found during this period.
Before visiting a foreign land you must take the budget into your consideration. Although it takes $30 approximately for an individual in the country, that price can go up if you want to go for more luxury while traveling.
There are several transportation modes in the country:
- Bus: There are big luxury buses that transport people all over the country. The buses leave on time and make a few stops. You should buy the tickets beforehand. The buses are not allowed operation at night due to safety measures set by the law. Also, if you are allergic to loud music, make sure to bring your ear plugs, as loud gospel music keeps playing on speakers in the bus.
- Mini Bus: These buses make frequent stops and are a bit uncomfortable. Also, because of the stops, the bus takes more time to reach, hence this is not a preferable transportation means if you want to enjoy your time in the country.
- Train: There are several trains that run between different places in the country. Note that the trains are usually late, although, if you like train rides, this could be an affordable and safe option for you.
- Fly: There are small planes that fly from Lusaka to other places of interest. If you have the cash, you can also book a charter plane to reach where you want.
- Taxi: They can be a bit expensive, but you can split the bill between groups if you are traveling with your friends. The ride will the comfortable and also will take lesser time as compared to the buses.
- Self Driving: You can also rent a car and enjoy the privacy and driving on your own. There are some roads filled with potholes, and narrow roads are quite prevalent. It is not advisable to drive during night time. So rent a car keeping these things on mind.
READ ALSO: Zambia visa fees
Q. As a citizen of the US, can I get a visa on arrival in Zambia?
Sure you can. There are a total of 94 countries that can get the visa on arrival, and the United States is one among them.
Q. How long does it take to get a Zambian visa?
It will take just 10 minutes to fill the form. After the form has been filled up, your application usually gets processed in 4-5 business days.
Q. What are the documents required for a business visa to Zambia?
The requirements to avail a business visa are:
- Official letter from the employer in the country.
- Return flight tickets.
- Valid us passport.
In short, you must visit this stunning country and spend some time with the marvelous wildlife scene that this country has to offer to its tourists. A Zambia visa for United States citizens is a very simple process. If you have made your plan to visit this country, you can apply easily for a Zambia visa for u. s. citizens at Tourist Visa Online.