If a person who has a family is planning on visiting Zambia for an extended period of time or settling there for some time, then they will have to get a visa for the said family as well. In this article, we will discuss all about the Zambia dependent visa, what does it entail and how can you apply for them.
Furthermore, you can also find out about the services provided by travel agencies like tourist visa online and how they can help you with the application.
Zambia is a landlocked country in the southeastern region of Africa. This country with a tropical climate is known for its extremely diverse wildlife and sanctuaries.
It is known for its legendary safari trips through the wilderness, waterfalls and lakes. You can experience the warm heart of the country in its delicious food, local markets and kind people. It has a very low crime rate amongst tourists so you will also be safe from thefts, frauds etc.
Culturally, Zambia is a quintessential African country; you will find yourself lost in exploring the new atmosphere and experiences.
You can also delve into the village and tribal life of the locals and become an adrenaline junkie with the extreme adventure sports activities that you may find there. Continue reading below to find out everything about the Zambia dependent visa.
READ ALSO: ZAMBIA VISA FEES
If a working family member has to shift to Zambia on either a working visa or by obtaining a resident status, then they will have an option to move their family with them as well. It can be done with the help of a Dependent visa for Zambia.
It provides a permit to the spouse or kids of a person to travel and join the other person overseas. This visa will make the dependent a legal immigrant in the country, either temporarily permanently.
In order to apply for this visa, the applicant will have to prove a few things beforehand. Your travel agency will help you with figuring out the nuances and submitting and obtaining the proofs:
- Prove that you have enough funds to support your family and you will not be relying on public help by any chance.
- The minor child will have to prove that they do not lead an independent life.
- Provide proof of relationships like marriage and birth certificates.
- Proof of nationality and residence of all the applicants in question applying for the Zambia immigration.
READ ALSO: ZAMBIA VISA REQUIREMENTS
Documents for new application
If you are applying for a new application for Zambia dependent visa, then here is a list of documents you will need to submit and present.
- Respective passports of the applicants, valid for the next six months.
- One recent passport-sized photograph of the applicants (coloured, taken against a white background)
- Bank statements as proof of sustenance.
- A legal approved copy of the marriage certificate for a husband and wife as well as a birth certificate for a child.
- A cover letter addressed to the Director General of immigration should also be submitted.
- Lastly, the prescribed fee for the Zambia dependent visa.
These documents will be required if you are applying through Tourist visa online, the official consulate or even the immigration website.
READ ALSO: ZAMBIA E VISA ONLINE
If the application you are submitting is for renewal of the dependent visa for Zambia, then the list of required documents will lessen considerably:
- The applicable renewal fee.
- A letter of consent from the spouse, stating that they are in complete support of the application. (it should also have all personal details such as, citizenship details, address etc. )
- A cover letter by the applicant directed towards the Director General of Immigration.