Zambia is a natural resource rich country located in the central parts of Africa. The country is especially well known for Victoria falls, a UNESCO world heritage site. It is also the largest copper producing country in the African Continent for the past years.
The capital of Zambia is Lusaka, a city located on the southern-central part of the country. All the official work such as visa approvals, documentations and the national embassies of many countries are situated in this city.
Types of Visas for Zambia
There are various types of Visas available for Zambia. People can choose the one which best suits their need. There are various nations which do not require a visa when entering Zambia, such countries include Australian and Antarctic Territory, Trinidad and Tobago, Ireland and many other countries as well.
On the other hand, there are some countries people hailing from which require visas at the port of entry or mission abroad including Croatia, France. Whereas people hailing from countries such as India, Nepal, Sudan and many others as well need to have a visa before travelling to Zambia.
People from all the countries in the world can apply for the following different types of visas for Zambia: -
- Single Entry Visa
- Double Entry Visa
- Multiple Entry Visa
- Transit Visa
- Gratis Visa
There are numerous other kinds of visas as well which people can apply for. One such kind of umbrella visa is Immigration visa. This kind of visa is for people who look to shift to Zambia on a permanent move.
READ ALSO: Zambia E Visa Online
Immigration Visa for Zambia
People looking to obtain an immigration visa for Zambia can apply for it online on Zambia’s immigration department’s website. The applicants need to submit all the requisite documents for the visa approval process in advance. The documents required include: -
- Passport – The passport submitted should be valid for a duration of atleast 6 months beyond the person’s intended stay in Zambia.
- VISA application forms – Two copies of this Zambia visa application form which would contain all the details of the applicant need to be submitted along with a photocopy of the applicant’s passport page containing all the personal information.
- Passport Size Photographs – The applicant needs to submit two recently clicked passport size photographs with a white background. Moreover, you also need to put your signature behind the photograph.
- Other Supporting Documents – Along with all the above-mentioned requirements, many other documents also need to be submitted for the visa process. One can inquire about these at the immigration office or the Zambian embassy.
- Health Requirements – Different types of vaccinations are required depending upon the applicant’s age while applying for Zambian visa.
READ ALSO: Zambia visa requirments
Zambia Immigration Visa Application Form Contents and Details
This form for Zambian Immigration Visa is issued by Republic of Zambia under The Immigration and Deportation Act, 2010. The entire application needs to be completed in block letters. The form contains certain shaded fields as well which are only for official use. The information which needs to be filled by the applicant is: -
- General Demographic Information – In the first section of the form, the applicant needs to fill his/her name, sex. The details which follow next include date of birth, place of birth, nationality.
- Passport details – The next part of the form requires all passport details such as the applicant’s passport number, place of issue, date of issue and date of expiry in (dd/mm/yyyy) format. One also needs to fill their address in country of permanent residence.
- The next 3 to 4 fields of the form ask about the applicant’s date of entry into Zambia, their purpose of visit, expected duration of stay and departure date as well. One also needs to specify their final destination in Zambia while filling the form.
- Applicants need to fill if any children are travelling with them along with their demographic details. At the end the form asks for your past criminal as well as immigration and deportation record, if any.
Once the applicant has filled all these fields accordingly, they need to put in their signatures at the specified spots in the form stating their consent.
READ ALSO: Zambia visa policy
The procedure to fill Zambia’s immigration visa application form is quite hassle free if one properly follows all the steps. The information required is easily accessible. One can either fill all the forms and submit the documents via the online portals or can contact the immigration department.
Zambia is often travelled by wildlife and nature enthusiasts for its splendid natural beauty. The cost of getting Zambian visa entirely depends upon the kind of visa one is applying for. It generally takes up to 5 days to process these e-visas. There are certain guidelines that differ from one visa type to the other.