The land of Hong Kong is being visited by citizens of various nationalities for a wide variety of purposes. In order to access the East Asian financial center, a valid Hong Kong visa is mandatory. Let's have a look at the requirements of Hong Kong Visa and Hong Kong Entry Restrictions in this article.
Hong Kong is one of Asia's major commercial and trade centers, while also being regarded as a world-famous tourism destination. As a major financial hub in East Asia, the presence of global banks has given it an identity. In addition, you can visit different tourist attractions in the country that represent the nation's rich heritage and culture. You should know, however, that it also has numerous universities that are ranked among the best educational institutes in the world, in addition to being a trading center and popular tourist destination.
REQUIREMENTS OF HONGKONG VISA
Make sure you are specific about the reason for the visa when making an application for a Hong Kong visa. The purpose can vary from person to person, business to business. Every Hong Kong visa has a different set of conditions for eligibility. Let's take, for example, a student visa. The set of requirements for eligibility varies from those for a tourist visa. Do not mix and match any visa benchmark and presume that.
Follow the instructions carefully while filling up the application form for a Hong Kong visa. Your visa application will be rejected if you have not filled out the application properly. The required details recorded in the passport must be consistent with the information shared in the visa process. Mention the correct spelling of the name. Visa applications may be rejected for either a Hong Kong work visa or a Hong Kong visitor visa if the information mentioned by the holder is incorrect.
Also, before applying, check if you are from one of the Hong Kong Visa-Free countries or not.
READ ALSO: HONG KONG VISA POLICY
All applicants seeking a Hong Kong visa must meet the following criterion:
- The age at the time of making the application must be 18 years and over.
- He/She should be the valid issuer of a passport.
- Financial requirement: evidence and records showing that during your stay in Hong Kong you are financially capable of supporting your Hong Kong visa requirements. And a good moral character.
- No criminal records - A person with a criminal history is not allowed to enter the shores of the Hong. If you are deemed to be hiding any criminal conduct, you are obliged to be deported in compliance with the law of the country.
- You must have a basic or fluent command of Chinese (Cantonese) and English language skills (both written and spoken).
- A good academic record is welcomed in Hong Kong as an essential educational qualification.
- Professionals/experts are preferred by professionals with an extraordinary set of skills.
You will have to submit a few documents with your application form for a Hong Kong Visa. The requirements of HongKong Visa are as follows:
- You need to submit a scanned copy of your valid passport which should hold a validity of at least six months and have two blank pages for stamping. Make sure you scan the first and the last page.
- Two passport size photographs are required. It should have a white background and neutral facial expressions.
- Proof of residence in Hongkong like your hotel bookings is also required.
- Return flight tickets to your home country.
- You should also submit a cover letter mentioning the purpose and duration of your stay in it.
- Education Qualification Proof
- Evidence of Financial status to support your trip.
NOTE: You can also be asked to submit extra documents depending on the type of visa you have applied for. Read about Hong Kong Visa Types before applying for a Hong Kong Visa.
HONG KONG ENTRY RESTRICTIONS AND HONG KONG QUARANTINE RULES
Please note that conditions on entry can, upon short notice, be subject to change. You are responsible for ensuring that you are allowed to enter the country from which you fly, through which you travel, or in which you are in transit.
- You are expected to complete quarantine forms and Passenger Locator (PLF) forms. The Hong Kong health authorities suggest that you do this electronically via the Hong Kong health commission 48 hours before your arrival.
- Upon arrival, you will have to go through a coronavirus test.
- After arrival in Hong Kong, you need to stay 21 nights in quarantine at a hotel. This provision extends to nationals and citizens of Hong Kong as well. During the quarantine time, you will not be allowed to leave your hotel room. The quarantine hotel is at your own expense and you must show the airline agent at the time of boarding and the authorities on arrival in Hong Kong proof of your verified 21-night room reservation. Please note that lodging in an Airbnb, hostel, service flat, or living with a friend, for example, is not permitted. The quarantine condition does not apply if you transit within 24 hours through Hong Kong airport to a third party and stay in the airport's international transit area.
- Restrictions are in effect for foreigners arriving in Hong Kong, e.g. EU nationals are actually not permitted to enter unless they hold a residency permit.
- Customers who have been in Germany, Nepal, Canada, Ecuador, India, France, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Belgium, Pakistan, Philippines, United Kingdom, Russia, South Africa, Turkey, Romania, or the USA for the past 14 days must have a medical certificate issued at the earliest 72 hours before departure of the flight with a negative coronavirus nucleic acid test result. The certificate must be in Chinese or English and must carry the name and identification card or passport number of the customer. The medical certificate shall be issued by a laboratory or healthcare institution certified by ISO 15189 and the consumer shall retain photographic evidence to establish that the laboratory or healthcare institution in question is ISO 15189 accredited or is recognized or licensed by the relevant government authority.
READ ALSO: HONG KONG VISA TYPES
The above-mentioned information covers everything about the requirements of Hong Kong Visa and related topics like Hong Kong Travel Restrictions along with Hong Kong Covid Restrictions and Hong Kong Quarantine Requirements.