Except for citizens of 43 certain countries, all foreign nationals required a visa to enter Kenya. Acquiring a visa is required for nationals of the United Kingdom, and entering a country there without a cause, will result in harsh legal penalties.
Residents of the United Kingdom can apply for a Kenya visa whether in person at the Kenyan High Commission or online. Citizens of the United Kingdom can also receive a visa on arrival in Kenya by presenting the required documents at one of the country's entrance points. However, the Kenyan visas are issued on arrival.
To give enough time for the completion of the visa application form as well as all accompanying papers and required documents must be presented at least 14 days before departure of your flight. Irrespective of whether you obtain a visa, the fee charged by the Kenyan government is non-refundable and payable in local currency
A Kenyan visa is required for UK commonwealth citizens to travel and enter a country lawfully.
However, because of the user-friendly method, obtaining a Kenya visa for British passport holders is quick and simple. All passengers have to do is to complete an online application form, spend 1 to 3 days for the visa to be authorised and finalized, and then obtain their Kenyan e-Visa through the mail. British travellers (UK citizens) are permitted to stay in Keney for a maximum of 90-days.
READ ALSO: HOW DO I APPLY FOR KENYA VISA
HOW TO DO THE EMBASSY REGISTRATION FOR THE BRITISH CITIZEN WHO NEEDS A KENYA VISA
- For British people wishing to visit Kenya, the UK Embassy Registration service is strongly recommended.
- The United Kingdom has diplomats in a variety of countries around the world, including Kenya.
- When seeking nationality, UK citizens can enrol with the Kenyan High Commission.
- In the event of an emergency, the Kenyan Embassy would contact British tourists who have enrolled with High Commission. They'll get travelling information and advice to help them plan their holiday.
- If necessary, the UK High Commission will provide full travel advice.
- As in the situation of a home emergency, aid family or friends in contacting British transport.
- As in case of an emergency at home, assist family or friends in contacting the British traveller.
- Alert the travellers in the very same way as you would in the case of an emergency, such as a natural catastrophe.
- Alert visitors on any worldwide events that could influence the return trip.
HOW LONG DO A BRITISH CITIZEN CAN STAY ON KENYA VISA
For British citizens, Kenya programs allow them to stay in the country for up to 90 days. If the tourist desires to stay for more than 90 days, they must request an extension in person at the Nairobi Immigration Headquarters. A Kenyan visa extension permits the traveller to remain in the country for an extra 90 days. It is recommended that travellers print a printout of their eVisa for Kenya to provide upon arrival.
READ ALSO: KENYA VISA POLICY
BRITISH CITIZEN VISA FOR KENYA REQUIREMENT
- It is necessary to attach a copy of the British citizen passport. The foreign national's passport must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least 1 blank page.
- The UK resident must be able to show that they have sufficient income to finance their trip.
- Evidence of onward and return flight tickets is required.
- It is necessary to verify a hotel booking.
- The picture should have been shot no more than six months ago.
- include an invitation letter from the Kenyan host.
- You must send your resident permit, work permit, or student permit if you are a non-UK citizen seeking a Kenya tourist visa.
- The candidate must also complete the e-visa questionnaire as a whole.
When planning a trip to Kenya, it’s easy to forget that you will need an international visa. If you don’t have one before you arrive in the country, you can be detained at the airport for up to three days until an official process of your paperwork.
If a citizen is planning to travel to Kenya for either business or tourism purposes, one will need a valid passport. To obtain one contact the official website of tourist visa online if you have any questions about the visa process or how to obtain one. This is to inform all British passport holders regardless of age that they do not need visas for Kenya. However, you will be required to obtain a Kenya Visa upon arrival at the airport.