Documents in the Nepal visa played a vital role in its final formation. Find Documents Required for Nepal Visa. Nepal is a humble abode for every travel enthusiast out there. The country is filled with tradition, culture, nature, mountains, wildlife and what not. If you are planning to visit this beautiful country make sure to know all about the documents required for Nepal visa when you apply for a Nepal visa online through Tourist Visa Online.
It is a surprisingly beautiful country that lures the visitors for various reasons. Be it trekking the mountains, visiting the temples, or getting to know about the tradition of the country, visitors love everything about this country. Taste the warmth of spirituality, lose yourself in the realms of nature, and experience thrilling adventures while being in this country.
To find and know about the necessary documents, application process and all about Nepal visa, follow this article till the end.
ALL ABOUT THE VISA AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR NEPAL VISA
The government allows visa on arrival for almost all countries except for Afghanistan, Palestine, Somalia, Syria, Ghana, Cameroon, Eswatini, Iraq, Ethiopia, Liberia, Nigeria and Zimbabwe, the citizens of these countries have to go through the formal procedure to apply for the visa beforehand.
Multiple entry visas are also granted to the visitors for a period of 15, 30 or 90 days depending on the visitor. Also, if you hold a temporary passport you are eligible to apply for a visa unless and until you are from a country that belongs to the European Union. Also, if you hold a service or diplomatic passport of any of the following country, you do not require a visa to visit:
A Nepal visa for Indian citizens is not needed, because of the treaty of Peace and friendship that was signed in 1950, and which allows Indians to free movement across the border and also permanent resident ship, and vice versa.
READ ALSO: Do I need a Visa for Nepal
Citizens of India need to show at least one of the following documents before entering the country:
- Valid Indian passport
- Valid voter Id card along with the photograph
- Ad hoc identity card that has been issued by the Indian embassy in case of emergency.
- Registration certificate that has been issued to you by the Indian embassy.
ELIGIBILITY TO GET A VISA FOR NEPAL:
In order to be eligible to acquire a visa and travel to the country, you need to meet certain requirements, they are mentioned below:
- You should be a genuine traveler, meaning you should have valid proof that you are traveling to this country with good intention.
- You must be eligible to bear all the expenses while being in the country. Your bank account should be sufficiently funded to help you and any dependents with you during your stay in the country.
- You should be of good character, which means, you should have a clear criminal record, and also, you will be needed to provide a Police clearance certificate as a proof for the same.
- You must have your reasons to return back to your country. Provide strong ties that would lead you back to your country.
- You should be in good health and meet the minimum health requirements needed by the ministry.
READ ALSO: How to apply Nepal visa online
Before applying for a visa, you should have a good knowledge about the documents required while applying for a visa. The requirements are listed below:
- A valid passport which should be valid for 3 months.
- Photograph that should be clicked with white background, taking all the passport size photograph rules into consideration.
- A valid payment method to pay the visa fee.
READ ALSO: Nepal Visa Policy
TYPES OF VISA
- Diplomatic visa: People who hold a diplomatic passport are eligible to get a diplomatic visa including their spouse and children. This type of visa may be extended several times till the tenure in the country. The ministry of foreign affairs issues this type of visa and is free to apply for.
- Tourist visa: if you want to visit the country for tourism purposes, you are eligible to apply for a tourist visa. However, all the countries are eligible for tourist visas on arrival, there are some exceptions on countries who have to apply for a visa beforehand.
- Study visa: If you want to visit the country for study, teaching or research purpose, you, along with your spouse and children are eligible for a study visa. It can be extended several times in a year.
- Non tourist visa: the following people are eligible for this type of visa:
- Journalist working for a news agency based in Nepal
- Working in the diplomatic institutions in Nepal
- Working for the government of Nepal
- Private business firm workers based in the country
- International airlines or aviation workers
- Third world country’s importers working in the country
- Diplomatic missions workers who work for the diplomats in the country
The family members of the above mentioned people are also eligible for this kind of visa. The visa is issued for a maximum tenure of one year, and may be extended later as per the need.
- Marriage visa: A person who is married to a Nepalese citizen is eligible for this visa.
- Business visa: A person who intends to perform business activities in the country is needed to apply for this visa. The visa is given for a time period of not exceeding 5 years and issued by the Department of GON.
- Nepal 5 year visa: The citizens of the United States of America are eligible for this visa. This is a multiple entry visa. You can get this visa by visiting the Nepal embassy usa. The requirements for this visa type are:
- Completely filled application form
- A valid passport
- Passport size photograph
- Bank statement which should have a minimum balance of $10000.
- Health insurance
- Contact person details in Nepal
- Place of stay in the country.
READ ALSO: Nepal Visa Types
Q. Is everyone allowed to have a visa on arrival in Nepal?
Almost all countries are eligible for a visa on arrival. The countries that are not are mentioned below:
Q. How can I apply for a visa extension?
To apply for a tourist visa extension you need to contact the immigration office and the documents required are mentioned below:
- Online application receipt
- If you have transferred your business visa to a tourist visa you will need a tax clearance certificate.
- If you are a minor below the age of 10, a copy of your guardian’s passport is needed.
Q. What are some of the customs do’s and don’ts that I need to know before flying to the country?
All the baggage is scanned at the airport and the country’s government is very strict with the customs rules and regulations, you are not allowed to illegally export antique items. As a tourist, you cannot import Nepalese rupee from the country.
Applying for an e visa to Nepal is as easy as pie. Just fill out the pre arrival form which is available at minimum cost at our website touristvisaonline.com and just 3-4 days processing time.
Hence, Nepal visa on arrival is a very easy process to apply for, without having to wait and getting into long queues into the Nepal immigration. Before applying for an online visa make sure to look about the documents required for Nepal visa.