A visa for Nepal can be obtained online but before applying you should know about the Nepal Visa Types so that no issue occurs in the visa processing. Visa types are categorized according to the Visitor need. Nepal is a country known for its marvelous temples, diverse culture, and 8 of the top 10 mountains globally, including Mount Everest. However, there is much more than Nepal can offer to tourists, other than hiking the Himalayas. You can see its innumerable temples, meet new people, discover Nepalese culture, and shop in the busy markets for beautiful crafts. You can visit Kathmandu, the capital of the country, and take advantage of Nepal's uniqueness. In this article, we will discuss various Nepal Visa types you can get to visit Nepal through Tourist Visa Online.
Fortunately, the Nepalese government has facilitated the visa application process, while you will probably need a visa to enter Nepal. On arrival, at the Nepal airport or any of its land borders, most foreigners have the right to get a Nepal visa.
Types of Nepal Visa
The most popular types of visas issued by the Nepali government are:
- Nepal Tourist Visa: It is issued for tourism or leisure activities to all foreigners entering Nepal.
- Nepal Business Visa: It is given for companies or investments to foreigners entering the country
- Nepal Transit Visa: It is issued for 24 hours issued to foreigners transiting to Nepal. On arrival, you can obtain a transit visa.
- Nepal Work Visa: The Nepal Immigration Department issues it following the foreigner's entry with a tourist visa and documentation.
- Nepal Relationship Visa: The Department of Immigration grants it to foreign-born members of the family of Nepalese citizens.
Nepal Tourist Visa
A tourist visa from Nepal is provided for visitors and leisure travelers. But you will obtain a tourist visa when you first reach Nepal, no matter what your intention is. You can then vary the visa category according to your Visa's reason and time from the Nepal Department of Immigration, depending on why you'll be in Nepal.
READ ALSO: Do I need a Visa for Nepal
Nepal Business Visa
Business Visa is issued to investors and businessmen/women investing and conducting business in Nepal. DOI shall issue Visa upon receipt of the following documents from the applicant.
- Application filled online
- Recommendation letter from the government line agency concerned or the Department of Industry.
- Bio details (applicants applying for the first time)
- Letter of approval of foreign investment from the Department of Industry
- Copy of Certificate of Company Registration
- Copy of PAN / VAT certificates
- Copy of Share Certificates
- Copy of the Certificate of Industry Registration
- Copy of Passport and the most current Visa
- Last tax clearance (regular Visa)
- Report on Market Management and Supervision
- Progress report by the organization or sector (for renewal)
READ ALSO: Nepal Visa Policy
Nepal Travel Visa
Foreign nationals who will be transiting through Nepal are eligible to obtain a Transit Visa that will allow entering the country to spend the night (24 hours) by providing proof of transit (Air Ticket). Similarly, foreign nationals arriving in Nepal due to adverse circumstances, such as emergency or forced landing, can obtain a tourist visa if they wish to leave the airport and visit the country.
Nepal Work Visa
Only foreign nationals holding a working visa are allowed to work in Nepal. The Working Visa for residents of various nations is issued by the Department of Immigration (non-tourist visa section) only on the Line Agency's advice, the Ministry of Government of Nepal, Labour Permit from the Department of Labor and Work Agreement with a few exceptions from the Ministry of Home Affairs. Applicants can go through different government departments and eventually apply for a visa at the Immigration Department.
READ ALSO: How to apply Nepal Visa Online
Requirements for Nepal Tourist Visa
When applying for a Nepal Tourist Visa, you need the following documents:
- Application form for a Nepal Tourist Visa.
- Your initial passport is valid for at least another six months and has at least two blank pages of a visa.
- Photocopies of your passport's details tab.
- At least one recent passport-sized photo of yourself (1.5inch x 1.5inch with a white background).
- Evidence of accommodation in Nepal (e.g., hotel reservation or address)
- Valid return flight or ticket.
- Evidence of adequate financial means, such as bank statements for the last three months.
- Evidence that you paid the Nepal visa fee.
Q. How will I get a Tourist Visa for Nepal?
Ans. Visit the Tourist Visa Online website to book your tourist visa for Nepal at the best price rate.
Q. What are the various forms of Visa on arrival?
Ans. All 'On Arrival Visas' is a Tourist Visa. To put it another way, Tourist Visas are entry visas. If you are heading to Nepal for reasons other than tourism (seeing, traveling, visiting friends and families), you will need to change your visa status. Contact the Immigration Department with the required paperwork to change the type of Visa.
Q. I'm going to Nepal for a business conference. What kind of Visa should I be allowed to enter Nepal?
Ans. It would help if you got a Tourist Visa as an entry visa. You can get it either from on arrival to Nepal or Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad; you can also get it done online. (if you are eligible, please check our website for details). If you're investing and running a business in Nepal for a long time, you might consider getting a Business Visa.
Q. Points to always keep in mind while applying for Nepal Visa on Arrival?
- A valid passport and passport size photograph with white foundation background.
- Credit card, Indian currency, and Nepali currency are not approved for payment of visa fees.
Q. What are the various types of Visa you can get to visit Nepal?
Ans. There are various Nepal Visa types you can get if you wish to visit Nepal:
- Nepal Tourist Visa
- Nepal Business Visa
- Nepal Transit Visa
- Nepal Work Visa
- Nepal Relationship Visa