Up to the age of 20, the Nepal Visa for OCI Card Holders must be reissued each time a new passport is granted. After reaching the age of 20, the OCI card only needs to be reissued once. The OCI card does not have to be reissued every time a new passport is issued between the ages of 21 and 50. If the applicant wants an OCI document that is linked to his or her present passport, he or she can apply for OCI renewal under various services. After 50 years of age, the OCI card must be reissued just once while renewing a passport. There is no need to renew your OCI card if it was issued when you were 50 years old or older. Applicants must travel with their current passport, OCI Card, and an old passport that is linked to their OCI card (if applicable).
Who is eligible to apply
You can apply if you already have your own passport and a surrender certificate, or if you have your parents' or grandparents' passports and can prove your relationship with them.
You can also apply on your spouse's behalf if he or she holds an passport or is an OCI holder, as long as you have been married for at least two years. Minor children with a single parent if the other parent is not Pakistani or Bangladeshi and they get custody papers from the court.
If you don't have any of the above documents, you can still apply with a Nativity Certificate from the State Government.
READ ALSO: DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR NEPAL VISA
If you want to secure a tourist visa in Nepal when you arrive, you'll need to know the following:
- A passport photo is no longer required because new machines can capture your picture, but it's recommended to bring a few with you to Nepal because you'll need them for hospital registration, Medical Electives, trek permits, climbing permits, and other things.
- The visa be purchased with a credit or debit card
- Passports should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival.
- Visa application forms are available at entry points (some airlines distribute them on flights to Kathmandu), or you can obtain a printable version from the Nepalese Embassy's website.
- Carry a pen in your hand luggage; you'll have a hard time finding one in Nepal.
- You'll need to queue for two things: first, to submit your forms, passport photos, and receipts (there are now ATM-style passport scanning machines at Tribhuvan airport in Kathmandu where you can scan your passport, enter your address, stay length, and get your photo taken before being issued a receipt from the machine). You may, however, need to be patient and persistent with them!) , followed by a second line to submit payment, receipts, photos, and paperwork (queues vary based on the length of your stay. Make sure you're not in the wrong one when applying for an OCI Card Holders Nepal Visa.
READ ALSO: NEPAL VISA POLICY
- International visitors whose primary purpose for visiting Nepal is for enjoyment, sightseeing, a quick visit to see friends or family, short-term medical treatment, or a quick business trip.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Nepal.
- At least two blank pages in the passport should be available for the Immigration Officer to stamp.
- International visitors should have a return or onward journey ticket, as well as enough cash to spend during their stay in Nepal.
- Please apply for a standard visa at the Nepal Mission if you have a OCI passport..
- Diplomatic/official passport holders are not eligible.
- Individuals endorsed on a parent's or spouse's passport are not eligible; each individual should have their passport.
- Holders of international travel documents are not eligible.
READ ALSO: DO I NEED A VISA FOR NEPAL
Extensions of Visas:
Only 15-day visa extensions are available at immigration offices in Kathmandu and Pokhara. To Apply Nepal Visa for OCI Card Holders a 30-day visa and a multiple-entry visa from either of it for another 30 days is required. If you plan to stay in Nepal for more than 60 days, a 90-day visa on arrival is preferable to a 60-day visa plus an extension.
Your passport, the cost, one photo, and an application form that must be filled online beforehand are all required for every visa extension.
OCI benefits include:
- Multiple entry, multi-purpose, life-long visas.
- No reporting to police authorities for any length of stay.
- Parity with NRIs in financial, economic, and educational fields, with the exception of the acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties.
Check out more about visas for OCI holders from Tourist Visa Online.
For entry into Nepal, you'll need a visa, which you can receive either on arrival or at your nearest Nepalese embassy. UK citizens can apply for a visa in advance of their trip to Nepal at the Nepalese Embassy in London, either by mail or in person. Consult your local OCI Card Holders for information on other nationalities. The Government of Nepal has launched the 'OCI Card' initiative to make the journey back to one's roots simpler, easier, flexible, and trouble-free for people. The validity of the OCI card is indefinite. In simple circumstances, the processing period is roughly 6-8 weeks. In other circumstances, which require referral to authorities, it may take longer.
This was all about the Nepal Visa for OCI Card Holders. So get your Nepal Visa from Tourist Visa Online and visit the beautiful nation.