If you are an Eritrean living in Canada, who has to visit Ethiopia then this article can guide you through the entire application process.
There are several different methods to fill an Ethiopian visa application form for Eritreans in Canada. You will need to get yourself a good travel agency or an embassy at least a month before the date of the trip to sort out the nitty-gritty of it.
If you are visiting Ethiopia as a tourist, then you can expect to see several man-made and natural attractions. The national museum houses world heritage sites as well fossils dating back millions of years.
Furthermore, this eastern Horn of Africa also has several churches, castles, palaces and even obelisks that go way back in time.
Additionally, even if you are in Business and cannot go sightseeing, Ethiopia will still offer you its great authentic cuisines and delicacies which can be enjoyed from any hotel or restaurant even while working.
READ ALSO: Ethiopia travel guide
Find out the best Ethiopian visa for Eritreans application method below:
Visa with dual citizenship
If you are an Eritrean in Canada, then it suggests that you hold dual citizenship. It is not very difficult to apply for a visa in such a case.
The easiest way is to get an Ethiopian e-visa for Eritreans.
You can put both your citizenships to good use and check the kind of eligibilities, both these countries offer from tourist visa online or your local consulate.
You can then choose to apply from the passport that provides you with the most benefits and concessions.
READ ALSO: Ethiopia visa types
To fill the Ethiopian visa application form for Eritreans in Canada, you will need to provide several documents.
- A valid passport of either Canada or Eritrea; should still have a validity left for six months at least after entering the country.
- Additionally, it should also have two blank pages left for the stamps at the airport after arrival.
- The application form filled by you containing all personal, professional and financial details.
- Travel itinerary of the places you plan to visit during your stay in the country.
- Bank statement to prove that you have sufficient funds to survive the trip.
- Accommodation details (hotels, motels, hostels)
- Certificate of vaccines such as yellow fever, malaria etc.
- Passport-sized pictures coloured and clicked against a white background.
- If you plan on applying for a business Ethiopian visa then a letter of invitation from your host country.
You can use this above-mentioned compilation list so that you can confirm and double-check it with your travel agency.
READ ALSO: Is Ethiopia safe to visit
If you are choosing to apply as a Canadian citizen, then follow these steps for the Ethiopian e-visa:
- Visit the Main Department of Immigration and Nationality Affairs website and pull up the application form available right on the homepage.
- Fill the form with personal details like name, gender, age, address, the purpose of visit, duration etc. You will also have to fill in financial and professional information.
- Submit the visa fee online and attach the scanned documents.
- Apply and wait for 48 hours at the very least, to receive an email with your visa.
- Meanwhile, you can also track its status from this website.
- Print the visa and carry it with your luggage.
A single entry Ethiopian e-visa with either an Eritrean or a Canadian passport will get you a minimum 30 day stay in the country.
If you wish to extend the trip, you will have to apply for an extension at the embassy at least a week before the visa expires. It will help get you an extension for a maximum of 90 days. Thus, you should keep in mind that you will not be able to change a tourist visa into an immigration one.