Citizens of Jamaica are required to obtain an Ethiopian visa to visit Ethiopia irrespective of the duration of stay and reason to visit. Jamaica citizens are eligible to apply for a tourist visa to Ethiopia which is also referred to as Ethiopia e-Visa. All over 230 countries can apply for Ethiopian visa online without visiting the embassy or standing in the queue at the airport. The government started the facility to obtain an Ethiopian visa online to avoid long and hectic procedures.
Tourists can apply for 30 days visas or 90 days visas according to their choice. The tourists can stay and travel in the country till the validity period of their Ethiopia e-Visa. Tourists holding Ethiopian e- Visa allow one-time entry into the country. It can be used to enter the country once. If you are staying for more than the validity period then you must apply for a visa extension.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA TYPES
Steps to obtain Ethiopia visa online for Jamaicans
citizens can apply for their Ethiopian e-Visa by following these steps:
- Step 1- If you are a citizen of Jamaica and planning to travel to Ethiopia then you can apply for Ethiopia e-Visa on Tourist Visa Online. It is an easy and secure way to obtain your Ethiopian visa.
- Step 2- Open the website and fill in asked details.
- Step 3- Select the type of visa which is a "30 days validity visa" for Ethiopia especially for tourists.
- Step 4- Click on the "proceed to apply" button for completing the Ethiopian visa application form.
- Step 5- Fill in personal details, passport detail, travel details, and your permanent address.
- Step 6- Upload important documents which are passport, photo, etc.
- Step 7- If you want to add more applicants' information then just simply click on "submit and add more applicant".
- Step 7- After completing the Ethiopia e-Visa application form, click on the "proceed to pay" button.
- Step 8- You can pay your Ethiopia e-Visa fees from your debit card, credit card, or PayPal account.
- Step 9- If you want to know whether your visa is approved or not, then keep checking the status of your Ethiopia visa application.
- Step 10- Applicants can download and take the printout of their Ethiopia e-Visa from their e-mail ID.
Documents Jamaicans will require to apply for an Ethopian visa online.
- Passport- Applicants will be required to upload their passports. The scanned photo of their national passport. Passport should not be very old and it should have 6 months validity
- Photo- Applicants will be required to submit and upload the colored photo.
- A debit card or credit card- Applicants will need to pay the Ethiopian e-Visa fee from their debit or credit card. Payment can also be done from the PayPal app.
- Email ID- To register your account and apply for Ethiopian e-Visa. You will also get the details and updates of your visa on your E-mail ID.
READ ALSO: ETHIOPIA VISA DOCUMENTS REQUIREMENTS
Ethiopian e-Visa fee and processing time
The Ethiopian e-Visa fee for citizens of Jamaica is 120.0 USD. The processing time for Ethiopian e-Visa for Jamaicans is between 5 days and 7 days. Applicants will need to pay the Ethiopia visa processing fee which is 26.0 USD.
How to enter Ethiopia with e-Visa?
Travelers and tourists from Jamaica with Ethiopian e-Visa are allowed to enter Ethiopia from Addis Ababa Bole International Airport only.
- It is easy to visit Ethiopia with Ethiopian e-Visa.
- Tourists can enter by standing in the immigration line. Ethiopia's e-Visa allows fast and easy entry into the country.
- Show your Ethiopian e-Visa and other related documents. Which may be a yellow Vaccination certificate, travel details, return tickets, and proof of funds.
- Due to the pandemic, there are some restrictions to travel to Ethiopia. You will also be asked to show a negative PCR COVID test and screening will be done at the airport. To ensure that you are well and can travel to Ethiopia. Every individual visiting Ethiopia from Jamaica must follow COVID protocols and guidelines for a safe and healthy journey.
READ ALSO: TOURIST VISA IN ETHIOPIA
The citizens of Jamaica are suggested to apply for their Ethiopian visa well before the start of the journey. If your visa approval is delayed or you are re-applying for an Ethiopian e-Visa. You will have enough time to obtain your visa. Do not book hotels and flight tickets until your visa for Ethiopia is approved.