Tribhuvan International Airport is the only international airport present in Nepal. The immigration office of Tribhuvan International Airport is under the department of immigration. It is providing tourists flying to Nepal with Visa on the arrival.
Also, some other entry and exit points are established on the border regions that can provide individuals with on-arrival Visa
. This visa is for all foreign citizens that want to enter Nepal through the land.
The process to get an on-arrival Visa is very easy and quick. However, you can face some queues during peak tourist season. If you want to skip these long lines you can also consider getting a visa from a Nepalese diplomatic mission that is stationed Abroad where you can get your visa before your arrival. Both of the options are simple and it is your choice to decide through which one you want to get your visa.
If you are getting your visa from Nepalese diplomatic missions then you should keep in mind that you need to enter Nepal within six months of the date of issuing of the visa. However, the total stay days will be counted from the day when entering Nepal.
On arrival, visas
are usually tourist visas
. They have multiple entry facilities. This is the only entry visa into Nepal. If you are going to Nepal for purposes other than tourism (that includes sightseeing, tour, travels, Mountaineering, tracking, visiting your family or friends) even then you will need to have a tourist visa to get into the country. Also, you can change the category of your visa that can serve your purpose and increase or decrease the number of days that you can stay in Nepal by contacting the department of integration and providing required documents.
It is recommended that nationals of designated countries should acquire the visas before they arrive from nearby diplomatic missions for IM bases of the Nepal government. You can click on the link below and check for your eligibility for an arrival Visa on Tourist Visa Online.
After you have reached the airport of Nepal you will need to follow these simple processes for acquiring yours on arrival Visa.
Firstly you will need to fill in in tourist visa
form you can also fill this up before your arrival by going to the official website of the department of immigration. You will need to fill it up with a kiosk machine on your arrival at the airport. When you fill this form online you will get a submission receipt along with a barcode you will need to print it and take it to get your visa. This barcode is valid for 15 days and after that, you will have to fill-up the form again.
Make the payment at the bank as per your visa requirements
You will get a receipt for this. You can pay for this by various modes of payment at the visa fees collection counter however it is suggested that you carry cash with you just to be on the safer side. Here are the fees that you need to pay for on arrival Visa according to the length of your stay –
- 15 Days – 30 USD
- 30 Days – 50 USD
- 90 Days – 125 USD
- Go to the immigration desk along with your online form payment receipt and your passport. Submit your documents to the immigration officer that will complete the visa processing. After his / her satisfaction you will get a visa.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
This visa is issued free of cost. It is issued for the following categories of visa applicants –
- Children below the age of 10.
- 30-day visa for SAARC citizens with an exception of Afghanistan. Afghani citizens are also eligible for Visa on arrival if they have a recommendation letter from the department of immigration. If you are an Afghani citizen you can request concerned institutions that are inviting you to Nepal for required paperwork completion with the department of immigration to get your Gratis Visa ‘On Arrival.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) that have their card issued by Nepalese diplomatic mission abroad.
- Chinese nationals
- Officials from China, Brazil, Russia, and Thailand do not need any kind of entry visa as for the reciprocal visa waiver agreement.
READ ALSO: GET NEPAL VISA FOR SRI LANKA PASSPORT HOLDERS
Apply Nepal Visa