Are you wondering do I need a visa for Uzbekistan from the UK? If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom then you most certainly do not need an Uzbekistan visa, for a short trip.
However, in some special cases, you might need it. In this article, we are going to discuss all the possible avenues which do or do not require a visa.
The Central Asian country of Uzbekistan was formed during the Soviet breakdown. The country has a very different culture and environment than that of Britain. If you want to witness a new culture, lifestyle, architecture and even cuisine then Uzbekistan could be a great option.
It has several landmark Islamic architectural buildings, mosques, mausoleums and sites linked to the Silk route. The city of Samarkand houses the great Registan, a gorgeous plaza from the 15th century – covered in ornate mosaics and designs.
Currently, the process regarding an Uzbekistan Visa for UK citizens is quite hassle-free. Whether you choose a local embassy or a travel agency, read below to find out how to apply.
Kinds of Visa for UK citizens
Your Visa requirements will depend on whether they are going as a tourist to sightsee, conduct some business of financial nature or as a student/volunteer/intern.
Uzbekistan visa for UK citizens is not a necessity if their trip is going to last for less than 30 days. If you decide to stay in the country for an extended period of time or if your reason for the visit is other than for tourism or business then you will have to apply for an e-visa
A local Uzbekistan embassy or a travel company like tourist visa online will help you understand the entire process and get your documents in order for the application.
READ ALSO: Uzbekistan visa requirements
Here is a list of documents required to apply for an Uzbekistan visa for a UK citizen. In the event of any missing document or information, your visa application stands cancelled, so it is necessary to ensure everything is in order:
- A full British Passport, that has a validity of three months left on it.
- It should have a couple of blank pages as well as a cover.
- You will have to fill out two copies of a customs declaration form, signed and stamped by customs authorities.
- Submit details of the return flight.
- The accommodation details of the hotel reservation or the address of the private residence you might intend to stay at.
- Bank details to prove that you have sufficient funds.
- Visa fees.
- Passport-sized pictures according to the regulations issued.
Documents for Business Visa
If the Uzbekistan visa for UK citizen being issued is for business purposes, then you will need to present these additional documents.
- An invitation from the host organisation based in Uzbekistan as well as copies of their basic documents during establishment like license, certificate etc.
- The company’s Power of Attorney.
- Certificate of employment of the visitor, copies of orders to visit the country.
READ ALSO: E visa for Uzbekistan
Before going through the Uzbekistan visa application process, check-in with your travel agency or the transport provider that all your documents meet the set requirements.
You can visit the official immigration website and apply for an e-visa or apply in person. Generally, the visa will be processed within 13-14 days. A visa on arrival is provided right at the airport you land.
After reaching the country, you will have to register with the local authorities within three days. If your accommodations address changes then you will have to register yet again with the nearest embassy.
If you overstay the time than the one mentioned while issuing the Uzbekistan Visa for UK citizens, then you will be subject to a hefty fine and ultimately deportation.
READ ALSO: Uzbekistan visa processing time
If the UK citizen presents a negative RT-PCR report taken 72 hours before the flight, then they do not have to quarantine for 14 days. Some other Covid precaution rules for international travellers are:
- People who are vaccinated will also have to undergo the test and present a negative report.
- Visitors who travel by road will have to undergo a rapid antigen test right at the entry point of the border.
- Anyone who tests positive during the test will not be able to enter the country at all even if you hold an Uzbekistan visa for UK citizen.
- Those Covid patients, who have a permanent residence in the country, will be sent to a medical facility for treatment by the authorities.