Known for its natural resources, Angola is a country in Central Africa.
Are you looking forward to your trip to Angola, then here's every detail about the Angola Visa policy that you can't miss.
Why do you need a visa to enter Angola?
If you are a foreign national wanting to enter Angola then you would need an Angola visa to be able to do so. The visa will serve as an approved letter from the government for you, as well as assist the government in validly verifying your identity.
Angola Visa Policy
Angola visa policy states some basic information and rules about the visa that every applicant should be aware of.
The entry requirements for foreign nationals differ depending on their nationality and the purpose of their trip. The requirements for touristic purposes differ from those for business purposes, and so on.
If a foreign national needs to shift or relocate to Angola they would require a work permit from the Angola embassy. The employer also will be needed to provide documents for the employee's permit to be approved.
The Angolan government has implemented an e-visa policy, which allows travellers to apply for visas online, resulting in shorter lines at the Angolan Embassy.
Some selected countries are allowed to enter Angola visa-free, in such cases, they need to follow a specific process during the arrival.
- You cannot work on an Angola tourist visa.
- Your travel purpose & nationality decide which type of visa to choose.
- The eligible countries should try to apply for an e-visa as it is much easier and convenient.
- Visa on arrival can cause inconvenience to some extent
- Visa allows you to stay up to 30 days in Angola
- If you are not eligible for an Angola e-visa then you would have to get the visa through the Angola Embassy.
READ ALSO: Angola Visa Information
Angola e-visa is an electronic visa that gets processed online.
All you have to do is get the Angola visa application, read it and fill it with all the necessary details. Next, you will be required to submit the documents to prove the identity and purpose of your visit. Make sure you have the digital scan of your document ready with you.
At last, you would be asked to pay the fee and after you receive the payment confirmation you can easily track the status of your application.
If your application is 'Approved' you will get your e-visa through email.
You would require the following data or documents for applying for the Angola e-visa:
- Angola Visa Application
- Digital copy of passport with a year validity
- Four blank pages in the passport
- Passport size photographs
- Bank statement
- Birth certificate in case of travelling with children
- Covid vaccine certificate
- Proof of stay
- Business cover letter
- Confirmed flight tickets
What about those who are not eligible to apply for Angola e-visa?
There are nationals who are not on the list of eligible Angola e-visa applicants. In that case, they can directly apply for an e-visa through the embassy.
The following documents are required while applying for the visa at Angola Embassy:
- Passport with 6 months of minimum validity
- The passport must have 3 blank pages.
- Passport-sized photographs
- Hotel reservation or in case of staying with family or relatives an invitation letter
- Stamped invitation letter by Angola based company in case of Business visa
- Yellow fever certificate
- Confirmed flight tickets(both onward and returning)
READ ALSO: Angola visa online application form
What are visa-free countries?
Citizens of the following countries are allowed to enter Angola for a maximum period of 30 days without a visa.
- Cape Verde
- South Africa
However, these countries are required to provide their valid national passport.