India is situated in South Asia and is a nation with strong cultural roots and a rich heritage. India, a great destination for budget travel, is famous for its forts and palaces. Through yoga, you can discover yourself. Lose yourself in the Himalayan mountains, get mesmerized by the ancient temples. You'll be amazed and overwhelmed by the crowded bazaars, the blaring traffic, the filmy music, the color, the noise and, not to forget, the chaos. Let's see the list of the countries eligible for India visa and other related information regarding Indian Visa.
WHAT IS A INDIAN VISA
A visa is a conditional authorization given to a foreigner by a territory that enables him or her to enter, stay, or leave that territory. Usually, visas include restrictions on the length of the stay of the foreigner, places within the country they may enter, dates they may enter, the number of visits allowed, or the right of a person to work in the country concerned. To visit India, foreigners require Indian Visa.
READ ALSO: Top 10 tourist attractions in India
COUNTRIES ELIGIBLE FOR INDIA VISA
The nationals of the below-mentioned countries having a valid passport are eligible for obtaining an Indian E-visa:
All European Union citizens
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Papua new guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab emirates
Visa on Arrival
Visa on arrival means that to enter the destination country, travelers must obtain a visa, but it can be obtained upon arrival. There is no need for visitors to apply for a travel visa beforehand.
Visa on Arrival is when the applicants and travelers will be given a license upon their arrival in the country of destination. To get a visa on arrival, you will need to wait at the airport for more than an hour, the authorities will check your documentation and make sure you have all your documents with you. If your travel was unplanned and you need to visit a country in an emergency, getting a Visa on Arrival is the right choice.
READ ALSO: Indian visa extension and Renewal
E-visa is an Electronic Visa which permits eligible applicants to get travel authorization online, exclusively. It terminates the need to visit the embassy and submit a visa application or stand in a line at the Airport in the case of a Visa on Arrival. Applicants are required to fill an online application form that has a few simple steps like basic information. After the processing of your documents, the approved visa is sent to the applicant's registered Email. After receiving the mail, the applicant should print a copy of both the Approved Visa Grant Notice and Visa Application Notification letter.
COUNTRIES THAT ARE ELIGIBLE FOR VISA ON ARRIVAL IN INDIA
Eleven countries are eligible for Visa on Arrival in India. They are: Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Laos, Indonesia, and Myanmar
HOW TO APPLY FOR INDIAN VISA
Applying for an Indian Visa is a short process. Just fill an online application form and submit the required documents (Passport with a minimum validity of six months and two passport size photographs with a clear background). After this, pay the fees through a Debir or a Credit Card, and once processed, get your approved visa on your registered email ID.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR TRAVEL AND GETTING A VISA IN INDIA:
- The below-mentioned categories of foreign nationals have permission to enter India by water or flight, including under the Vande Bharat Mission, the 'Air Bubble' scheme, or on any non-scheduled commercial flight, as approved by the Ministry of Civil Aviation:
- Cardholders of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Indian Origin Persons (PIO) having of any country's passports.
- Nationals planning to visit India for any reason whatsoever, (including the dependents of the appropriate category of dependent visas) except for those having tourist visas.
- With immediate effect, all existing visas have been reinstated, except electronic visas (e-Visas), visitor visas, and medical visas, which remain suspended. If the visa has expired, the foreign national can obtain a fresh visa from the relevant Indian mission or post office under the appropriate category.
- Indian missions and posts are allowed to issue the X-Misc single-entry. Case-by-case visas for foreign nationals not covered by the above categories and who are eligible to fly to India for family emergencies.
- Citizens of Bhutan and Nepal are allowed to enter India from any country.
- Subject to the travel restrictions of the destination country, nationals of India, Nepal, and Bhutan are allowed to travel from India to any country. Airlines will be responsible for ensuring that before issuing tickets or boarding passes to these travelers, passengers comply with travel restrictions.
- For all categories of foreign nationals who are allowed to enter India or those who may be allowed to enter India in the future, there will be no restrictions on incoming passenger traffic. For foreign nationals with tourist visas, however, limitations will continue to apply.
- COVID-19 protocols and other health guidelines will be strictly enforced by the authorities.
The above-mentioned information provides a glimpse of necessary points related to Indian Visa. You can see your country’s name on the list of countries eligible for India Visa and plan your visit accordingly.