For obtaining a visa to Kenya, applicants are required to meet all the necessary visa requirements and submit all the necessary documents to get their visa approved.
These visa requirements are some very basic requirements regarding your identity and confirmation of your travel to Kenya to avoid any sort of fuss and problems.
Once your visa gets approved by the officials, you can freely travel to Kenya with convenience.
To obtain a visa for 2 years in Kenya, you need to apply for a 5-year multiple entry visa stating the reason for your visit which can be tourism, education purposes, business or work purposes, or medical reasons.
The validity of a 5-year multiple entry visa is of 5 years from the date it is issued. You can now apply for a 5 years multiple entry visa through online mode by obtaining an electronic visa or eVisa. Applying for a visa online to obtain a visa is a very easy process. It takes hardly 10 minutes for anyone to apply for a visa online as you do not have to stand in long lines and wait for hours. Rather, you can just apply online by sitting at your homes in comfort.
READ ALSO: KENYA FAMILY VISA
Documents Required and Visa requirements:
While applying for a visa online you need to submit some important documents and fulfill some important visa requirements for identification and verification purposes.
Following are the attachments required in the visa application form:
For business purposes:
- Applicants should have a valid invitation letter from the company or a letter from their business visit place.
- Applicants are required to have a valid copy of their registration with the company they are going to have a business visit with.
For Family visits:
- Applicants should have a valid invitation letter from the family they are visiting.
- Documents for identity verification and proof of residence of the host are also required.
READ ALSO: INVITATION LETTER FOR VISA KENYA
For Tourism purposes:
- Applicants should have valid proof of their hotel bookings and duration of stay.
- Applicants should submit all the information regarding their travel itinerary.
Documents required for identity verification:
- Applicants are required to have a valid passport with a validity of at least six months after they arrive in Kenya.
- Applicants are required to submit a scanned copy of the information page of their passport.
- Few blank pages in your passport are required for stamping by the immigration officers.
- Applicants are required to submit a recent passport size colored photograph that is face-centered and has been taken recently within six months.
- Applicants should have a valid source of payments like a credit card or debit card for the payment of the visa application fees.
- Applicants must have a valid email address for all the regular updates regarding their status of visa application.
The application process of eVisa:
The application process of your visa is very simple and can be done easily within a short period.
- Firstly, applicants are required to fill in all the personal details asked in the visa application form. The details asked will be the date of birth, full name, and surname.
- After filling out the personal details, all the necessary passport details are required to be submitted. Details like passport number, date of issuing of the passport, and the date of expiry of the passport of the applicants are required.
- All the applicants must answer a few security-based questions for the verification of the identity of the applicants.
- Some health-related questions are also required to be answered.
- Once you have answered all the questions, submit all the required documents asked in the application form like the scanned copy of the information page of your passport, passport-sized photograph. etc.
- After submitting all the documents, applicants are required to pay the application fees for the visa through a valid source of payment like a debit card or credit card.
- Once you have paid for your visa application, then only your application will be considered successfully submitted.
- You will get all the updates regarding your visa application through your registered email address.
READ ALSO: KENYA 5 YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA
Some important details:
- Any application which is incomplete or incorrect will be immediately rejected so do remember to cross-check all the details and documents once you meet all the requirements.
- The visa application fee is non-refundable even if your visa gets rejected.
- Applicants are not allowed to get involved in any sort of business or work without a proper work permit.
- Do remember to carry a copy of your visa to be shown at the port for verification by immigration officers.
- Parents or guardians are allowed to fill in the application form of their children.
- Your visa should be confirmed within 48 hours. It might take almost 72 hours due to the holiday season, or national holiday or if the immigration officers are busy due to the high number of visa applications for approval.