A United States B1/B2 visa is undoubtedly one of the most common types of visas in the United States visa policy. B1 and B2 are generally two different visas, issued for business and travel-related purposes respectively and together known as "B-Visa". In spite of being the simplest type of visa, the applicant needs to provide so much information and documents in order to prove eligibility. With the assistance of Tourist Visa Online, you can get this visa with the best visa facilities in the easiest way. But before applying for this visa, let's get your concept cleared up!
What is the US B1/B2 visa?
As per the visa policy of the United States, the most popular and common type of visa is B1/B2 visas which are used for either short-term business trips or tourism or transit purposes. But with this visa, you can't seek a job or employment in the US and you can just stay here for a certain period of time. It's a nonimmigrant visa, applicable for a temporary time period. For applying for this visa, you must learn all the requirements, application process, how it works, and so on.
B1/B2 visa purposes:
In the US visa policy, B1 & B2 visas are generally used for two separate purposes. Those are:
B1 – Business related purposes:
- For attending any business meeting with a company in the US.
- To promote any foreign company or organization and make a contract with any reputed company or organization of the United States.
- For attending any business-related or educational or professional conferences, webinars or seminars.
B2 – Tourism related purposes:
- For a short-term trip to explore the United States.
- To spend a vacation in the US.
- For attending any occasion or festivals.
- To meet with family and friends.
- To attend or participate in any sports tournaments or music or talent events.
So these are the basic purposes, for which a traveler can apply for either a B1 visa or a B2 visa respectively.
B1/B2 visa application process:
B1/B2 visas are generally issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the United States Government online, as e-visas. So the visa application process is quite as the other visa types. As per the visa application process of Tourist Visa Online, you have to follow just four very easy steps. Those are:
○ Step 1: Fill the online application form provided on the website of Tourist Visa Online with all the information you are asked for.
○ Step 2: Upload all the required documents to prove your eligibility and revise the whole form to check if you have done any mistake. Finally submit it.
○ Step 3: Now you have to pay online by using the following sites, like:
■ Even one can also pay directly from your bank account.
○ Step 4: Now you just need to wait till we prepare the visa and hand it over to you by the email address that you have provided to us.
Requirements for B1/B2 visa:
There are few requirements like some important documents or evidence that those citizens need to present to the authority during the application or the interview as you have to prove your eligibility.
- Full name
- Other names, if you have any
- Date of birth
- City of birth
- Current Address
- Citizenship Country (as per the Passport)
- Passport number
- Passport date of expiry
- Parent's name or guardian's name
- Occupation details
- Family details
- Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the day of your arrival in the US
- Minimum 2 copies of your recent photograph
- List of the social media that you use including all the information like user name of each id, email address, and phone number which you use with each of them.
- Airplane tickets and hotel reservation document
- Enough proof of your financial state
- Family-related documents like birth certificate, marriage certificate (only if you are married), adoption certificate (if you are adopted or if you adopted any child), spouse's death certificate (if she's dead), divorce certificate (if you got divorced) and so on.
- Invitation letter
- Employment details
- Property related documents
- Previous US visas
Visa validity & processing time & Fee:
B1/B2 visa generally comes with a valid duration of 2 years and a stay period of 180 days. As it allows multiple entries, the traveler can stay in the United States for a maximum of 180 days on every single entry.
Visa processing time:
For the applicant, it takes around 10 minutes to apply for the visa online. The whole visa processing takes around 2-3 business days. But in case if it's really urgent with the express service of Tourist Visa Online, you can get the visa within 48-72 hours or even before that.
For B1/B2 visa the applicant may have to pay 39 US dollars as visa fee and 26 US dollars for service fee though it can vary as per the condition.
Q. What is the difference between a B1 visa and a B2 visa?
A. The only difference between the B1 visa and B2 visa is their purpose of visiting the US. The B1 visa covers the business-related purposes while the B2 visa covers travel-related ones. This is the only basic difference. Other things are almost the same.
Q. Can a B1 or B2 visa holder get a work permit?
A. No, B1 or B2 holders can not get the work. Only if the traveler can qualify the work visa criteria then he/she can apply for “COS” or change of status. Otherwise, they can only stay for short-term business trips or tourism or transit purposes, that's all.
Q. Can I renew my B1/B2 visa before it expires?
A. Actually you have to apply for a new visa and it would be better if you apply before your current visa expires. But you have to submit the previous visa as per the application process of every new US visa and also your previous visa would be canceled.
So in the above, you learned all the details regarding the US B1/B2 visa & all the information required. But strictly follow all the rules and follow the requirements of US visa properly.