The beautiful mountains, lively beauty of nature, landscapes attract tourists to Ethiopia.
The beauty of the land makes it one of the most desirable countries in Africa.
If you are one such tourist belonging from Malawian, then here’s everything you need to learn about the Ethiopian visa.
This blog will help you know what visas are Malawi citizens eligible for, what are their eligibilities and their requirements.
Do Malawian citizens need Visa?
Yes, Malawian citizens require to obtain an Ethiopian visa for entering Ethiopia.
This visa will enable them to enjoy their trip legally and help the government to identify its visitors and confirm their departure.
READ ALSO: Ethiopia visa services
What are the visa Types for Malawian citizens?
Malawi citizens opt for two kinds of visas.
Ethiopian Tourist visa: This visa enables you to enter Ethiopia for travel purposes and lets you enjoy your vacation for 30 days.
This visa is further divided into two types based on the number of entries.
- The first one is a Single entry visa, this visa allows the travellers to enter Ethiopia for one time.
- The next one is a Multiple entry visa which allows entry to Ethiopia multiple times.
Business visa: This visa allows you to carry work-related activities in Ethiopia.
This visa is valid for 30 days and requires both document verification from employer and employee.
Visa Requirements for Malawi citizens
- Valid passport
- Coloured passport photo
- Hotel reservation copy
- Letter of invitation by friends or family if the applicant is staying with them.
- Confirmed flight tickets
Extra Documents for Business visa
In case of a business visa, the Employer is even requested to submit valid documents for the approval of the visa of the employee
- Invitation letter by the employer
- Copy of Taxes paid by the company
READ ALSO: Easy steps to get Ethiopia visa online
What is Ethiopian E-visa?
Ethiopia e-visa is an electronic visa that is issued and processed completely online.
You will be needed to submit your application, documents and payment online and you will receive your approved e-visa through your e-mail.
Malawi is one of the eligible countries for Ethipoa e-visa.
How to get a visa for Ethiopia?
Applying for an Ethiopian visa is very simple.
- All you need to do is get your Ethiopia visa application online.
- Then fill the application with personal details correctly.
- The application then asks for the required documents. Read the instructions carefully.
- Submit the digital scan of the documents and review your application.
- If you find your application completely correct then click on the button” Submit”.
- The next tab will ask you for the required fee, make sure you have valid credit or debit card to pay.
- Once you receive your payment confirmation, all you need to do is wait for 3 days for your e-visa to arrive.
- Remember to submit the correct email address, as it would be the same address where you will receive your e-visa.
Are Malwai citizens eligible for the visa on arrival?
Yes, Malawi citizens are among the eligible countries for Ethiopia visas on arrival.
This visa allows the foreign nationals of selected countries to receive their visa in Ethiopia.
Once the passengers enter Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, they take their documents to the authorities in charge for their visa approval.
Visa on Arrival is generally less convenient than E-visa, as there is always a chance of visa rejection in the entry port, hence it is better to apply for your e-visa before your trip.
READ ALSO: Ethiopia visa processing time
Who are other eligible nationals for Visa on Arrival?
Except for Malawi, the following nationals are eligible for Ethiopia visas on arrival:
- The Gambia
- Ivory Coast
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- The Central African Republic
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Western Sahara
- DR Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
READ ALSO: Tourist visa in Ethiopia
Malawi people can apply for an Ethiopian visa quickly and easily by filling out the Tourist visa application online.
They can get their confirmed visa by email after completing the essential information and pay, and prepare for a great trip to Ethiopia.