Foreigners and visitors staying in Suriname for more than 90 days or the validity period of the Suriname visa need to apply for a visa extension. Visa extension will the person or the visitor to stay in the country for more time. The visitor can not stay and have to leave the country after the end of the visa extension. The Visa extension facility can only be used after issuing any type of Suriname visa.
There may be certain reasons to apply for a visa extension. Like applicants who are in Suriname for business work and have to stay in the country for some businesses related work. An applicant who was not able to complete the work within 90 days. Due to health issues or certain circumstances.
Eligibility to apply for visa extension
- A visitor or tourist who has obtained a Suriname visa and already has a non-immigrant visa.
- Visitors or tourists must have a valid Suriname visa at the time of visa extension
- Police clearance certificate
- Applicants who visited the country with legal permission and haven't violated rules and law.
- Applicants must not have any criminal records to apply for visa extension for Suriname
- Applicants should have an original passport and it should stay valid until the expiry date of the Suriname visa extension.
- Applicants who have a valid reason to stay in Suriname. A visitor who wants to stay in the country illegally may be subjected to fines and penalties.
READ ALSO: Countries Eligible for Suriname tourist card
The process to apply for visa extension for Suriname
- The first step for visa extension is filling the application visa extension form for Suriname.
- Submit the application form for a Suriname Visa extension at the nearby Embassy of Suriname.
- Pay the Visa extension application form which will depend on the authority.
- Applicants should show and submit the important documents required for visa extension.
- Official or consulate will receive your application form and will process and check all the documents.
- They may schedule an interview if it is required due to some reasons.
- Attend the interview with the documents and form.
- It depends on the authority whether your request for visa application will be accepted or not.
- If the authority accepts your request for a visa extension then you can stay in the country for more than the validity time of your visa extension.
Time Validity: A visitor visa for Suriname can be extended for 6 months and 1 year.
It is recommended to apply for your visa extension before the expiry date of the visa.
READ ALSO: Visa policy of Suriname
Documents required for visa extension:
- Passport - It should have 6 months validity and should remain valid till the last date of visa extension date. It must not be a very old passport.
- Old passport- It would be better if you attach an old passport too.
- Photo- The applicant's photo according to the details and requirements for the visa extension application form.
- Visa- your visa which is about to get expired.
- Travel document
- Cover letter- for the visitor who is staying in the country for work reasons or business meetings.
- Financial documents- bank statements and sometimes tax payment receipt to confirm that the applicant has enough funds to live in Suriname.
- Application form- Filled Suriname Visa extension
- Application form for a request to extend your visa. Which should contain valid reasons.
Visa Extension Processing Time:
The processing time for a visa extension may vary and depends upon the authority.
Visa Extension request approval or rejection:
If your request for the visa extension is accepted. Then they will give you the approved letter after their financial decision. You should keep it for future use. And make sure that you leave the country before the end of visa extension validity. The person who holds a tourist visa is allowed to stay in the country for 30 days. The applicant can extend the period of their stay for 6 months or 1 year. It can vary with the type of visa you are using for an extension.
If your request for a visa extension is rejected. The applicant will receive the message after the final decision of the authority. Then the person has to leave the country and can not stay in Suriname with an expired visa.
The reason for rejection of your visa extension request may be due to:
- Errors or mistakes in the application form.
- Failure to meet the eligibility requirements.
- The applicant might not have enough funds to stay in Suriname.
- Too old passport.
- Not a valid or proper reason to apply for a visa extension.
- Have criminal background.
- If the applicant does not present the accommodation details and does not have a proper place to stay.
READ ALSO: Suriname tourist card for 90 days
Suriname Visa extension is one of the facilities provided by the government of Suriname for visitors, tourists, and applicants. Visa extension allows the person to shift the status of their visa and to stay in the country after receiving an approval message or letter for visa extension.