To obtain a Laos visa on arrival is very convenient for travelers. Laos visa on arrival is a tourist visa that is issued to travelers visiting Laos. Stay validity for Laos visa on arrival is of 30 days. With this visa, travelers are prohibited to get employment in Laos. To get the Laos visa beforehand one can also apply through Tourist Visa Online which will let you have a hassle-free travel.
Laos visa on arrival is the best alternate for travelers who have time restrictions and cannot travel to the embassy to get their visas. Other visas like, official visa and business visa is also available on arrival. To get an official visa or business visa on arrival, travelers need to submit an official letter of approval from the Ministry of Foreign affairs, Laos.
- What makes Laos so special?
- Documents for Laos visa on arrival
- Where is Laos visa on arrival available?
- Apply for a Laos visa on arrival
What makes Laos so special?
The country Laos is also known as LPDR – Laos People’s Democratic Republic. The country offers an experience unlike other Asian tourist destinations can offer. Although the country is small in size, it has countless offerings to keep time running. The country witnesses lots of tourist flocking throughout the year. Laos has beautiful forests, caves, and never-ending waterways. Laos is a dream destination for the traveler who seeks to connect with nature.
Laos offers adventurous activities like zip-lining, trekking, cycling, and Kayaking. Apart from this, a traveler may visit temples or go to spiritual pilgrims. Travelers are mesmerized by Laos flourishing and original culture and nature. The locals of Laos are extremely welcoming and friendly.
Documents for Laos visa on arrival
To obtain a Laos visa on arrival, here is the list of documents that will be needed: -
- An original passport, that at least has a validity of 6 months.
- A visa application, that has been filled and signed by the applicant. This form is available at the visa window at Lao airport at the time of entry. If traveling by plane you will be given the document before your landing.
- Two passport size photography that is recently taken
- Pay visa fee in cash
If you do not have any photograph to submit with your application form at the port, you will have to make an extra payment and your photograph will be scanned from your passport.
Where is Laos visa on arrival available?
- International airports –
- Luang Prabang International Airport – Luang Prabang province
- Wattay International Airport – Vientiane capital
- Savannakhet International Airport – Savannakhet province.
- Pakse International Airport – Champasack province
- Border Checkpoints
- Cambodia – Laos
- Dong Calor – (Veun Kham, Cambodia - Champasack Province)
- China – Laos
- Mohan – (Botene, Yunnan - Luang Namtha Province)
- Thailand – Laos
- Chiang Khong – (Houixay, Chiang Rai - Bokeo Province)
- Houi Koln – (Nam Ngeun, Nan - Sayabouly Province)
- Nakaxeng – (Kaenthao, Loei - Sayabouly Province_
- Tha Naleng station in Vientiane
- Chongmek – (Vangtao, Ubol Ratchathani - Champasack Province)
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I - Nongkhai-Vientiane Capital
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II - Moukdahan-Savannakhet Province
Apply for a Laos visa on arrival
- Once you have arrived at Laos airport, you will have to visit the visa window to get the application form for the Laos visa on arrival.
- Fill in the details in the Laos visa application form. Make sure there is no mistake in the form while providing your details. The details have to match with your passport details.
- After you have entered your details in the form, submit the form.
- Along with your application form, you will also have to submit 2 passport size photographs.
- Make the payment against your visa application. The payment has to be done in cash.
- After this process you will have to wait at the port Once the visa is ready, your name will be called out.
Q. Which travelers cannot get a Laos visa on arrival?
Laos visa on arrival cannot be issued to passport holders of the following 29 countries-
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Guinea Bissau
- Libya ( Libyan Arab Jamahiriya )
- Sierra Leone
- Sri Lanka
- Syria (Syrian Arab Republic)
Note- Special exemption is given to an official of these countries traveling to Laos for an official mission or project. They will have to submit an invitation letter from Laos host organization and an approval letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs-Laos. It is only after these documents submission will they receive their Laos visa on arrival.
Q. I am travelling with my child, what are the things to be kept in mind while applying for a Laos visa?
Well, if you are travelling with your children, you must be aware that you might have to submit a copy of documentary evidence of your parental responsibilities at the time of entry to Laos during the immigration process.
Q. Can I carry my pet along with me to Laos?
You will be allowed to carry your pet with you only if you submit a veterinary certificate at the time of entry.
Q. What are the different types of Laos Visa for travelers?
Laos visa has been divided into three major categories.
- Visa free entry
- Laos Visa on arrival
- Laos e-visa