Taiwan is a tiny island located to the east of China. Japan sits to its north-east whereas the Philippines is to the south of Taiwan. Taiwan is renowned for metropolitan cities such as Taipei, its capital, as well as hot springs and beautiful Chinese temples. It is considered one of the world's friendliest and most welcoming nations. It is often referred to as the best-known secret of Asia. Taiwan is full of hot springs, night markets, and stunning skyscrapers.
With all these incredible things, Taiwan becomes a must-visit place. This article will cover everything about 30 days Taiwan Tourist Visa.
30 DAYS TAIWAN VISA APPLICATION
There are two ways to apply for a Taiwan Tourist Visa. You can either through a Taiwanese diplomatic mission or you can apply online via Tourist Visa Online. Applying online is a better choice as it saves a lot of time and effort.
You should send your documents to the nearest one if there is no Taiwanese diplomatic mission in your region. However, you must fill in a Taiwan visa application form online before you submit the application in person.
READ ALSO: How to apply Taiwan visa
STEPS TO FILL ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR 30 DAYS TAIWAN VISA VISA TOURIST VISA ONLINE:
- First Visit to Tourist Visa Online
- Select your Citizenship Country, living country, and then select the country for which you want a visa.
- After selecting the above three options, click on the ‘Apply Visa button’.
- Now you can see if you need a visa for a country that you want to visit, in this case, Taiwan, and apply for a visa from the left side.
- You can change the visa type as per your travel from the left side menu.
- Once selected, click on ‘Proceed’.
- Now fill the Visa Application form and mention all the details asked.
- Upload all the necessary documents
- If you wish to submit only one application then click submit and proceed to the next step. If you want to submit more than one application then click ‘submit’ and then on ‘Add more applicant’.
- The total number of application forms submitted will be displayed at the bottom of the form. Once done, click on the ‘Pay Now’ button to proceed.
- Now you can select any of the payment methods mentioned.
- Once your payment is successful then you can track your Taiwan E visa status.
- Once Processed, your visa will be sent to your registered email or you can also download it from the site itself by entering your application Id and your passport number.
TAIWAN VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
You will have to submit a few documents with your application form for a Taiwan Visa. The required documents are as follows:
- You need to submit a scanned copy of your valid passport which should hold a validity of at least six months and have two blank pages for stamping. Make sure you scan the first and the last page.
- Two passport size photographs are required. It should have a white background and neutral facial expressions.
- Proof of residence in Taiwan like your hotel bookings is also required.
- Return flight tickets to your home country.
- You should also submit a cover letter mentioning the purpose and duration of your stay in it.
NOTE: You can also be asked to submit extra documents depending on the type of visa you have applied for.
READ ALSO: How to track Taiwan visa status online
TAIWAN VISA APPLICATION FEE
Type of Visa
No. of Entry
30 Days Visa
7 - 9 Days
TOURIST VISA POLICY FOR TAIWAN
While Taiwan's visa policy states that a visa-exempt citizen may travel to the Republic of China visa-free for tourism purposes, it also states that a Taiwanese tourist visa must be applied for by individuals from over 180 countries.
Nationals from about 20 countries are able to apply via a simple online application for a Taiwanese tourist E Visa. This electronic tourism visa enables holders to access the ROC on a single entry basis and allows a stay of up to 30 days.
Typically, an approved Taiwan tourist E visa is processed quickly and sent via email to the applicant, removing the need to visit the Taiwan E Visa in person to submit an embassy application.
A tourist visa is valid for travelers from less than 5 countries upon arrival in Taiwan and can only be obtained by eligible travelers arriving at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.
In addition, there are over 160 countries whose citizens have to apply in advance for a tourist visa from the Taiwanese government office. This includes that the person needs to make an appointment several weeks before the trip and provide a number of supporting documentation.
READ ALSO: Taiwan visa application online
TAIWAN VISA-FREE COUNTRIES
- Brunei Darussalam
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Republic of Cyprus
- Russian Federation
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
TAIWAN TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS AND NECESSITIES DUE TO COVID 19
Because of Covid-19, the government of Taiwan agreed that, upon arrival in the country, all foreign passengers wishing to visit this country should bring a health declaration along with their travel authorization at the immigration checkpoint for verification.
The Health Declaration is a document in which the traveler registers his or her health status, thus preventing the spread of coronavirus, and at the same time allowing government officials to An RT PCR COVID-19 negative test certificate is important for all travelers arriving or transiting Taiwan in order to be able to board their flight to Taiwan. Before departure, any exception due to exceptional cases would require prior approval.
The test must have been carried out within three working days prior to their departure date. Negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test certificates must be issued by a recognized medical institution in the country of departure and contain the following information: the full name of the passenger in accordance with their passport, the date of birth or the passenger's passport number, the date of collection of the specimen and the date of the test report, the name of the virus, the method of testing and the test result. Test certificates must be issued in either English or Chinese; however, if the passenger presents a certificate in either French or Spanish, the certificate may be approved if it is in the official language of the place of departure and the airline's ground personnel are able to assist in the inspection of the contents.
READ ALSO: Taiwan visa types
The above-mentioned information covers every detail about the 30 days Taiwan Tourist Visa.