Undoubtedly Zambia attracts so many travellers each year to enjoy the beautiful heritage and natural beauty of this place. But undoubtedly the luckiest ones are the nationals of the Zambia Visa-free countries. Without getting any visa they can easily travel to this country and stay here for a certain period of time. So undertaking if your country falls under the eligibility criteria of Zambia visa exemption? Here, Tourist Visa Online will guide you in a proper way to get all your doubts cleared up. Let's check out the whole article written below!
- What does a Zambia visa-free country mean?
- List of the visa-free countries
- Entry requirements for visa-exempt countries
What does a Zambia visa-free country mean?
For visiting any Zambia the most important requirement is a proper valid Zambia Visa for that respected country. But as per the Zambia visa policy introduced by the Department of Immigration of Zambia, there are some eligible countries who don't require any visa to enter and stay for a particular purpose and time period in Zambia. There are a total of 44 African & British countries and British overseas territories and a few other countries that fall under the Zambia exempt countries. But remember, the nationals of these countries need to follow their own entry requirements.
List of the visa-free countries
Here you will learn about the list of those Visa-free countries, introduced by the Zambia visa policy. The nationals of those countries not only have the opportunity to enter in this country but also so have many other facilities including the visa-free stay of around 90 days or more. Let's check it out if your country falls among them!
Actually there are a total of 44 eligible visa exempt countries whose passport holders don't require any kind of visa to enter in Zambia. They can stay here up to 90 days for tourist purposes and 30 days for business-related purposes. Those countries are:
As per this visa policy, the British overseas territories citizens and the British citizens also don't require any Visa to enter into Zambia and stay here for a certain time period. Even some of New Zealand and Australian passport holders also don't require any visa to enter here. Those countries are:
British overseas territories
|Anguilla||Bermuda||British Virgin Islands||Cayman Islands||Falkland Islands|
|Gibraltar||Montserrat||Saint Helena||Turks and Caicos Islands|
|The Isle of Man||Guernsey||Jersey|
New Zealand passport holders
|Nationals of Cook Islands||Niue residents||Residents of Tokelau|
Australian passport holders
- Norfolk Island residents.
So if you are a citizen of any of the above-mentioned countries, Congo!! Enjoy your totally visa-free vacation in Zambia!
Entry requirements for visa-exempt countries
That is right that the nationals of the Zambia visa-free countries don't need to obtain any visa, but there are so many Zambia Visa Requirements which are really necessary for them. Those requirements are:
- Passport: All the eligible citizens need to obtain a valid passport with a minimum validity duration of 6 months from the planned stay in Zambia. the valid passport must contain at least two blank pages to get the immigration stamps printed on it. In some cases, the authority may also ask for photocopies of the 3 main informative pages of the passport. But provide them only if you are asked for.
- Photographs: The authority may ask for at least one passport size recent photograph of the applicant. The photograph should be clicked within the last six months. But while online registration, please provide the photographs in JPG, JPEG or PNG format.
- Criminal record: In case if the applicant has any crime related background or any serious criminal record, the authority may decline the entry because they can think that as a threat to public safety and security. And in case if you provide any kind of fake or invalid document even in this entry or previous entry they may not let you enter into this country again and you can be fined or even end up behind the bars.
- Fingerprint: The fingerprint scanning is another important entry requirements for all the citizens. Though the persons below the age of 16 years, don't need to provide any scanned fingerprint it is highly applicable for all the adult ones.
- Residence proof: The applicants must need to prove that they belong to one of the eligible visa exempt countries by providing their residence proof property details and a proper identity card with valid ID proof.
- Sufficient funds: Another important thing is sufficient money to prove that you can easily afford all your stay in Zambia. For that, you need to show the following documents such as:
- Credit or debit card
- Last 6 months bank statements
- Income tax return files and other supporting documents.
By providing all this you need to prove to the authority that you are self-sufficient and have enough funds to support yourself.
- International vaccination certificate: It is another one of the most important things required for all the eligible travellers. The CDC and WHO has already recommended some important vaccinations for visiting Zambia. Those are hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, cholera, yellow fever, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis), chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza. The certificate must have to be internationally approved.
Q. How long can a nation of the visa-exempt country stay in Zambia?
It generally depends on the purpose of the visit. If the traveller is coming for tourist purposes, he can stay up to 90 days and for business purposes, he can stay there up to thirty days without obtaining any kind of visa.
Q. If I have dual nationality, do I still need to get a visa for Zambia?
If you have dual nationality and one of these is Zambia and if you can provide a Zambian passport, then there is no need to apply Zambia visa. You can easily enter Zambia by providing a valid Zambian passport with a validity of more than 6 months.
Hopefully, you got every detail regarding the Zambia visa-free countries. If you still have any doubts you can contact us anytime as we are available 24/7 only for you. Remember to carry all the required documents and never even think about providing any fake ones. So if you are a national of these above-mentioned countries just pack your luggage and have a great trip to Zambia!