The question that arises to most of the people, after their trip to Uganda is – How to get an Uganda Visa Extension? Considering the love tourists develop for the country, they usually tend to extend their stay in a vibrant diverse country. Well, the process is not very hard. But due to less information on the same, people are not aware of the process and requirements for Visa extension in Uganda.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of Uganda has come up with some recent travel updates regarding the new laws and regulations. As per the government officials of the country of Uganda, they stated that Uganda will be extending the duration of all the valid visas especially for those tourists who are yet staying within the country.
We at Tourist Visa Online portal would like to address the topic of Uganda Visa Extension to our readers and make them aware of all the possibilities one can achieve whilst their journey to Uganda. This blog will explain how to get an Uganda Visa Extension and will also shed light on the requirements and process of the same. By the end of the blog, we hope that the reader gets well aware of the services provided by the Uganda Government and Immigration authorities.
- Uganda E-Visa Services
- Uganda Visa Extension
- Required documents for extending Visa
- Process of E-Visa Services
- Process of Uganda Visa Extension
- Frequently Asked Questions
Uganda E-Visa Services
To enter any country in the world, it is mandatory for every passenger to have a Visa for the visit to their desired country. To get permission for an entry in the country of Uganda, every foreigner is required to show an Uganda Visa when they arrive at the airport, and only then they can be granted permission to enter.
For all the tourists and visitors, the immigration authorities have extended the services of E-visa to most of the countries in the world. It is recommended to everyone who wishes to apply Uganda Visa, to choose the option of an E-Visa instead of a regular one.
The benefit of an E-Visa is that you will be able to issue it all by yourself in the comfort of your home and no indulgence of any travel agent or embassy rounds. It gets tedious for all those who queue up for a Visa on Arrival and waste a lot of time just to gain the same. With the E-Visa services, you just have to be in your comfort and visit our portal Tourist Visa Online. When you are granted with the Visa, you will receive a notification on your email. You are just required to take a print of the e-visa and carry it along with you on your journey.
Witnessing the current situation of the COVID -19 pandemic, an E-Visa comes in really handy, as the applicant doesn’t have to move out to issue a Visa anymore. Since the process has become absolutely easy, the applicant can get their Visa issued just from the comfort of their home.
While applying for your Visa, make sure to apply for an Uganda Health Declaration form, as this is one of the required documents which needs to be presented to the authorities alongside your Visa. The Health Declaration form may help you enter the country quickly, as the authorities will know about your health and for the safety of their country may grant you the visa swiftly.
Read Also: Uganda Tourist Visa
Uganda Visa Extension
For the convenience of the people, to explore the country better, and to have a safe and pleasant stay, the immigration authorities of the country of Uganda have come up with an Extension period for the tourists. Amidst the Pandemic, the extension is rather being helpful by keeping all the tourists unexposed to unnecessary risks like either being sick through the deadly virus or having to undergo into quarantine on reaching the home country.
As per records, the automatic visa extension has stopped since August 1st, 2020. But luckily, the tourists and foreigners will still be able to be benefitted from the arrangement as they do not have to submit any additional documents or pay any extra fees for the Uganda Visa extension. This will prevent them from being attacked by any kind of natural disaster and keep them safe.
Required documents for extending Visa
For a successful application of your Uganda Visa, you are required to submit the following documents:
- The Applicant is required to submit a scanned copy of his/her passport photograph.
- A visible and clear scan of the bio page of the applicant’s passport.
- It is mandatory for every traveller to get a yellow fever vaccination before travelling to the country. The vaccination certificate must be attached as proof for the same
Read Also: How to Check Uganda Visa Status Online
Process of E-Visa Services
The process of applying for an Uganda E-Visa is briefly explained on the Tourist Visa Online Portal. With the following steps, you can easily be granted the E-Visa for the country of Uganda.
- Visit Tourist Visa Online.
- The applicant will be required to select their home and citizenship country and finally the country the wish to travel to.
- The applicant will be shown the available Visas which are applicable to the country they are applying from. They have to select the type of Uganda Visa they wish to acquire.
- The applicant will be required to duly fill an application form and submit the documents alongside. Make sure to have your documents scanned well and clear.
- After the entire process of submission, the applicant is required to pay the fees for the processing of the Visa. Any online payment form is available for the payment. Make sure to pay the amount or else your application will not process.
- Lastly, the applicant will receive an email that will show the application ID. This will be important as it will allow you to track your Visa status. The processing of your Visa usually takes 3 days to a week to be approved.
Read Also: 90 Days Uganda Visa
Process of Uganda Visa Extension
To get your Visa extended whilst you are yet in Uganda, has become extremely easy now. All you have to do is, click on the website of the Uganda Immigration Authorities and add the important information asked on the site. You will be required to fill the form, attach the supporting documents, and submit. The authorities will go through your profile and process the extension. You will have to pay some amount whilst applying.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the easiest way to get an extension on my Uganda Visa?
You can get your Visa extended by visiting Uganda Immigration Authorities and applying for an extension there.
- Why is a Health Declaration Form required?
For the officials to know that you are safe and sound, and not a threat to the country. It is mandatory for everyone to fill the health declaration form.