Zambia is a country located in Southern Africa, bordered by Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Mozambique. However, the Tasmanian travellers will be required to apply for visas in advance if travelling to Zambia after changes by the Zambian Government.
The Zambian Minister of Home Affairs Edgar Lungu says his government is no longer offering visas on arrivals at Zambia's airports. Get to know how to get a visa for Zambia to a Tanzanian citizen.
READ ALSO: ZAMBIA VISA FEES
Visa requirements and need for Tanzania citizen
Visitors travelling to Zambia are required to obtain a Zambia visa before entering the country.
- Tanzanians are required to obtain a visa for visiting Zambia. Visas can be obtained from the nearest Zambian embassy or consulate in Tanzania. The applicants are required to fill the online form which is available on the website of the Home Affairs and Immigration Department of Tanzania as well as on the official website of the travel visa online service.
- Citizens of Commonwealth countries (excluding Americans) require passports valid for at least 6 months including two blank pages and two passport-size photos. Travellers must also have an onward or return ticket showing confirmed reservations out of Zambia. The passport should be endorsed with a "No Objection" stamp by government authorities in their country of origin
- Citizens of other countries require passports valid for at least 6 months including two blank pages and two passport-size photos.
- Zambian visa requirements and the process for applying for a Zambia visa varies depending on your nationality and whether you are travelling to Zambia for business or leisure.
List of documents needed while completing the visa application forms.
- a 6-month Valid passport
- 1 passport size photo
- Invitation letter from a host, hosting for your arrival in Tanzania.
- A valid Passport copy of the applicant;
- Cover letter from the passport holder, the letter should be addressed to the Director-General and clean and presentable, with signed stamps of the candidate.
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Copy of return air ticket back to the respective country.
READ ALSO: ZAMBIA VISA POLICY
For Kaza visa for Tanzania citizen requirements
- 1 Passport-sized photo;
- A valid photocopy of the applicant passport
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Confirmation of return air ticket of the candidate.
- Cover letter from the applicant to the Director-General which should be signed by the author positively.
For transit visa for Tanzania citizen requirements
- 1 Passport-sized photograph
- 1 photocopy or print out of the passport of the applicant
- Cover letter from the passport holder, the letter should be addressed to the
- Director-General and clean and presentable, with signed stamps of the candidate.
Transit visas are mainly issued to citizens who need a visa to enter Zambia and transiting through using a transport and valid for seven days. However, Zambia by Air directly, or those who remain within the airport, do not need a transit visa and neither have to appear before an Immigration Officer for immigration formalities. A visa to Zambia is required for all travellers, exceptional to some citizens of other countries.
All the holders of valid Tanzanian passport holders travelling to Zambia are eligible to apply for a visa on arrival at any Zambian port of entry.
the new Zambian Immigration Act 2016 imposes visa requirements on visitors who wish to enter the country.
READ ALSO: ZAMBIA VISA FREE COUNTRIES
To get your Zambia visa for Tanzania, you will need to present a letter from the company that you are sponsoring your stay in Tanzania. This letter may be issued by a hotel, tourist agency or other company that has agreed to sponsor your visit. If you are planning to travel to Tanzania, it is important to know where you stand on the visa requirements. To learn more about the visa process and how you can apply, please visit our website or call one of our representatives today.