Antigua and Barbuda is famous for its white sand beaches, history and rich culture. This country has so many places and things that you can enjoy doing. You can experience some exotic resorts and mouth watering traditional cuisine along with a fun nightlife. Enjoy the most out of your Caribbean vacation by visiting this wonderful country.
To explore this haven for beach lovers, you must know about the Antigua visa types to get a clear idea about the type of visa that you should apply for. Read this article till the end to get information about Antigua immigration requirements and the types of visas that are available for the country.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT ANTIGUA VISA TYPES?
The Antigua and Barbuda immigration department issues the following types of visas:
The tourist visas are granted only to the people whose motive is to visit the country for the purpose of tourism only. The country offers visa on arrival to the people who:
- Hold a valid visa for USA or permanent residency
- Hold a valid visa to Canada or permanent residency
- Hold a valid UK visa or permanent residency
- Hold a valid Schengen visa
The criteria to obtain a tourist visa are:
- The applicant must have the sole objective to visit the country for tourism purposes, or casual meeting with friends, family, or relatives.
- The person should not have an occupation or residence in the country.
- The applicant should hold a valid passport that should not expire within 6 months from the date of travel to the country.
- The applicant should have enough funds in his or her bank account that would support him financially while he stays in the country. The applicant should also provide return flight tickets as a proof that he or she will return back to their home country once the permit expires.
- The applicant must not be deemed a person non grata by the government of the country.
- The applicant must have clear police records.
- The applicant must not be considered as an undesirable person and must not have any warnings against them.
The people who are not eligible for the visa on arrival facility can apply for an e visa easily with us.
READ ALSO: Antigua Visa Policy
Have you ever thought about working in the Caribbean? It must be a dream work to indulge in the white sand beaches and get your work done. Any person who wants to work a profit in the country requires a work visa. This rule also applies to the people who are self employed.
However, there are certain exemptions from the work visas. For example: The workers of the UN, or the workers of Her Majesty’s regular air, naval, or military forces do not need to have a work permit to carry out an occupation in the country.
People arriving in the country on a tourist visa can also extend their visas for working purposes while staying in the country.
Working in Antigua will require an Antigua work visa, the requirements for which are:
- You will have to apply for localized jobs to get work opportunities in the countries.
- You will be interviewed along with the local candidates.
- If you are selected, the employer will have to state the reasons as to why a foreign national was suited as opposed to the local ones.
- If you are accepted, the employer himself will apply for a work visa on your behalf.
The documents that you need are:
- A valid passport
- Proof of residence
- Bank statement
- If the applicant process is successful, the permit will be valid for a period of one year.
- You will have to get your social security card by registering at the social security office.
- You will also have to visit the immigration department to endorse the work permit.
You should note that as a foreign national, your status with a work permit is of a bone fide visitor who has conditional permission to work. This means that you are not considered as a citizen of the country.
The student visa allows a foreign national to carry out their study in the country. Studying in this country has seen popularity in the last few years for undergraduate courses. This visa allows the students to study and work as long as the duration of their course is. Due to the comparatively easy immigration policy, students from around the world prefer studying in this beautiful country.
You can easily get a study visa by filling out the Antigua visa application and meeting these criteria:
- A letter of acceptance must be provided to the immigration department. It should demonstrate that a student has gotten admission into a recognized institution.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate that he or she has enough funds in their bank account to support them financially while they are in the country.
- The candidate must show that they have paid the fee.
- Medical insurance must be arranged and the documentation for the same must be presented.
- The candidate must demonstrate that he or she will return back to their home country after their course ends.
You can also get the citizenship status to the country by investing a sum of money. Antigua and Barbuda citizenship application can be filled by these qualifying investments:
- Donation option that should be non refundable (Minimum amount of USD 100000)
- Read estate investment of minimum USD 200000
- Approved business investment of USD 1.5 million per person or if a collective business the amount must be USD 5 million in total, USD 400000 per person.
This will grant direct citizenship to the applicant without voting rights. The whole procedure takes almost three months to get completed. The passport gets renewed every 5 years by paying a nominal fee.
There are a few countries that are restricted for Antigua residency:
- North Korea
However, if you belong to one of the above mentioned countries and possess a PR status in the US, UK, or Europe, you are eligible to apply for citizenship.
READ ALSO: 30 Days Antigua Visa
Q. On what grounds can my visa get rejected?
There are certain Antigua passport requirements. If you fail to meet one of them, your visa may get rejected:
- Any false information provided in the application form.
- Having a criminal record.
- A subject to a criminal investigation.
- If a person is likely to get involved in some activity that may lead to disrepute in the country.
- If the applicant belongs to a country where a trade embargo has been imposed.
Q. What is the Antigua visa fees and processing time for tourist visas?
The 30 days tourist visa costs USD 125. The Antigua e visa processing time is around 7-9 business days. You can also opt for the express service that will get you the visa in just 48 hours. The extra charge for the same is USD 200.
There are various Antigua visa types that you can apply for depending upon your requirements. The country, as said earlier, has a lot more to provide the tourists other than the golden tan.