Citizens of Russia can travel to Cape Verde without a visa. They can get a visa issued on arrival. In this article, you can find out all about the Cape Verde Visa Requirements for Russian Citizens in such a case.
Cape Verde is an island country, better known as the Republic of Cabo Verde. It is situated close to 500 km off Africa’s western coast. This volcanic island country is known for its beautiful white-sand beaches, perfect for a visit in the summer.
If you are a Russian Citizens, find out all about the Cape Verde Visa Requirements below.
Russia is on the exemption list
Cape Verde’s visa policy, allows visitors from 65 countries to travel without a visa. These nations are from Africa, Europe or the United States of America.
Russia is a part of this list of exempted countries. Thus, Russians can get their visas at the international airport, the flight lands at.
However, to get a visa on arrival, you need to have the Cape Verde Pre-arrival registration online.
Russian citizens can stay in Cape Verde for a period of 60 days, which can then be extended to 3 months in case of a single entry. For multiple entries, the time is up to 4 months.
Even with the pre-arrival registration, visitors need to carry a few documents for a smooth transition at the airport.
- A passport is valid for at least the next six months. It should have a minimum of 3 blank pages left.
- A complete travel itinerary of your travel plans as a tourist.
- Address of the accommodation (motel, hotel or hostel reservation), or the address of the local guardian.
- Identity Proof
- Two passport-sized pictures clicked according to the visa guidelines.
- Visa Application Form
- Old Passport (if any)
- For a Business Visa, you will need an invitation letter from the host organisation situated in Cape Verde. As well as a letter from your organisation written on the company’s letterhead.
- A bank statement as proof of having sufficient funds.
READ ALSO: Cape Verde Visa Types
People generally need to get their visas from the Cape Verde Russian Embassy, a third-party online service, or get it on arrival.
Since Russia is on the exempted list, visitors can simply bring their documents and instantly get a visa on arrival. Here’s what you need to do:
- Firstly, you should know that only specific entry points provide the visa on arrival service.
- When entering without a visa, online registration five days before travel is a must.
- The online travel agency can fill the pre-registration form for you or visit the official visa website of Cape Verde.
- For the pre-registration, you will need to enter passport data, information regarding the stay and Information about flights, travel dates and accommodation.
- All the travellers/family members will have to fill separate forms.
- Infants who are under two years of age do not have to apply for this.
- Most approvals take 24 hours to be processed by the embassy. But it is better to fill the form at least five days before the travel day.
READ ALSO: Apply Cape Verde Visa Online
Covid 19 travel rules
Cape Verde has been witnessing a rise in its Coronavirus cases. The authorities have put strict Covid restrictions in Cape Verde to contain the spread.
After landing at the airport, Russian visitors will have to observe the following rules:
- Fill in the Surveillance and health form at the airport.
- Travelers need to have one of these documents –A negative RT-PCR report taken 72 hours before the flight or an antigen test report 48 hours before departing.
- Quarantine is mandatory for unvaccinated Russian Citizens entering Cape Verde.
- Vaccinated visitors do not need any of these papers if they have their vaccine certificates.